The Wa Cruise Ideas Thread

sixappeal

• Boost Addict
  • Member For: 16y 2m
Saturday Night 13/09/08 Cruise Idea

Just a central meetpoint like Captain Munchies or E-Shed Markets, cruise through Cott, Scabs, Hillaries Then through the City & finish up at the Cas or back in Freo for a beverage.

There'll be no maps so it'll be more of a follow the leader type thing. CB Radios might be the go so everyone can keep in touch if someone gets lost, ie. Stef :blink:

Meet time will be around 8pm.

Anyone interested??

lol cb radio would have helped me heaps last cruise... for those who know what happend :P

• Small Member™
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 15d

Mikey what have you done so far?? I'm thinking a stay home all weekend and work on your car is on order. That means no Eurobar or Metros chasing ladies :)

Felt weird last cruise without ya coz we always park up next to each other

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 13d

Awwww yeah I'm feeling it too :( It really did suck not going to the cruise and then reading about all the fun shenanigans that everyone got up to.

I've taken next week off work, and this weekend and next week is going to be a non stop car week.

So far I've taken everything off the car, battery, all the stock pipework, airbox, crossover, intercooler..etc. I have re-routed cables/hoses to tidy things up a bit, polished all the newly exposed bits of paint. Turbo is off the car and is at the shop getting ported a wastegate and 12psi actuator fitted. I should start installing all the new bits and pieces tonight hopefully. I've been in the garage till midnight every night for the past week almost polishing up every single bit of metal in the engine bay, its hopefully going to be hell blingy when its all done! It will match the polished plenum, intercooler and pipe work. Done the throttle body, air con pipes, bit of the block, oil/water lines, thermostat housing, heat shields.... and the list goes on :)

heres a few of the bits so far (left shield is done, right side still normal): http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/198...t_shield001.jpg

Thermo housing: http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/198...ng_after002.jpg

Its all still a work in progress, I'm not 100% happy with the polished end result, but its slowly getting there :)

Edited by XF Falcon

• Small Member™
  • Donating Members

Woah that's extreme dedication. Your wastegating it. Mad c.nt. Dico2o2o will be in some competition now you can't look at his engine bay with out squinting.

Can't wait to see the end result mikey

• <put funny sh*t here>

Me too Stef, I can't wait till its done. Oh and my dad will be too, he will be even happier than me! (as soon as the gigantic mess of tools and parts are all cleaned up) :P:)

I doubt it will ever be as good as his engine bay, but I'm taking the opportunity to do as much as I can while everything is out. When the turbo comes back I'll be taking the front cover off it and polishing that up too :P

• Small Member™
  • Donating Members

Lmao. Ya dad is probably out behind you cleaning as your making your mes.. "Mikey does this screwdriver belong on the bench"?? Mutters in Italian and goes makes a coffee to calm down.

• <put funny sh*t here>

so far its all been by hand (260 wet and dry, then 400, then 800, then 2000 then autosol with a microfiber a few times).. but last night I bought a little wheel to put onto a drill and have used that with pretty good results. Got it at bunnings.

haha he is busting my chops every night about the mess! And my generic response is that I'm working as fast as I can, doing it every night..blah blah. But your right he then mutters something in Italian and leaves the garage. He's cool though, he doesn't see the point in what I'm doing, but he will offer to help when I need it so that's nice of him :blush:

Edited by XF Falcon