Territory Stereo Upgrade

INPURSUIT

• Fastest Taxi In Melbourne
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 15d

hey guys,

im looking at doing some audio/visual upgrades to my territory.

at the moment I only have the standard audio with standard screen.

im looking at upgrading to the colour icc screen.

I was just wondering if the icc dash unit out of an xr will fit into a territory?

also, what needs to be done to hook an ipod up to a colour screen so videos can be played through it?

the screen will be my first step. once this is done a good set of speakers will be put in and subs and so on.

I know this question has been raised 1000 times, but what is the best way to add an amplifer to the standard head unit? ive heard of numerous ways in which it can be done, eg, line converters, alpine vehicle hub pro, and ive heard of another few devices, I think rockford fosgate have one similar to vehicle hub as well.

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

cheers

anthony

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 8d

Anthony,

You are correct in saying Rockford have a product like the Alpine - its the 360 (I think its called from memory)... Last time I spoke to the audio guys about the 360, they were otherwise indicating that it is just that much better then the Alpine, and in fact offers a few extra features... So check them both out... (I believe the 360 is having an upgrade to a 360.2)...

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/pr...S&p_status=

In this case as you are looking at doing a number of different stages and upgrades, its going to depend on what and when as to the best way to hook everything up...

Having said that, in the begining it might be worth running a amp with high level inputs from each speaker output into the amp and get urself a wiring kit, and hook the rest up as you normally would... (assuming you know the steps to do this???)

Again its going to depend what u want to do with the install, and at what stages, a lot of SUV/4wd owners start with a upgrade install, then before they know it there is screens in the back for the kids, nav system etc...

With regards to the ICC, I believe the XR will fit into your Terr. without to much trouble, as the ICC section is the same size on both...

As for the Ipod, a few of the guys here I believe have picked up a device from a Melb based company which will simply plug into the Premium ICC and away you go... (I think they are a site sponsor, or im sure you will find if you do a bit of a search...

I would worry about the amp until you are ready to do the speakers and sub etc... as you have indicated...

Hope this helps!

• Fastest Taxi In Melbourne
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 15d

hey mate,

thanks for your reply about the territory stereo,

I got my screen upgraded to an icc last night which is the first step,

next will be a dvd player with speakers running through an amp, I will definately look into the rockford fosgate 360 and other devices. cant wait to get some decent sound out of the beast :spoton:

anthony

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 8d

No Probs Mate -

If you dont mind me asking, what sort of dollars are you looking at spending - budget?

More then happy to help recommend a few parts etc for the setup if u need any..