Fg Xr6t W/lux Pack Or G6et?

chaz67

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 20d

Took the wife to the dealer and showed her the XR6 and the G6E

The dealer hasn't got any turbo models in yet.

She loves the G6E over the XR6, she likes the seats consideably more not being sports type

So I guess that's what I will end up with, lol

• cj_ak
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 21d

Just a thought.

Your on your learners right???

Well correct me if im wrong guys, but don't the new govt legislation state that Provisional drivers are not to driver V8, supercharged and Turbo powered vehicles.

At least on their first year.

any thoughts??

• Member For: 16y 4m 25d

correct!

no worries chaz67, which car are you going to get? Have you made your decision?

like ColinT I took my wife to look at the cars but she fell in love with an XR6T in Nitro rather than the G6ET in Ego that was in the showroom. if I get it might have trouble keeping her from driving the car!!!! luckily she hates the WM Caprice I currently drive so never a problem. she drives a Focus Zetec so will get a bit of a frill in the Turbo.

still not decided but leaning to the XR6T for something abit more sports like. it might come down to which one I can get first - not good at waiting. I am assuming that the issue with the delay in delivery for the turbo effectsboth the XR6T & GE6T?

hoping to place an order in the next 2-3 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 19y 11m 27d

Hi Guys

Not sure if this has been talk about before, seriously looking at the F6, but it doesn’t seem to be much quicker then the XR6T.

A friend of mine has driven both cars and his comments about the XR6T; it’s very quick off the mark, where the F6 seems to have more top end power, because of different gearing.

The XR6T and the GE6T has done 13.1 ¼ mile, but the F6 doesn’t seem to be any quicker.

Track tests show the F6 only just beats the R8 and not much quicker then the GT. I would have thought at least a second quicker, then the V8s.

Considering the XR6T with heaps of extras is 50-55K, with out fleet discount and the F6 is 65k, before you add anything.

From a performance and handling point of view, is it worth the extra cost when the performance doesn’t seem to be much better for 70k plus drive away.

It’s a very sexy machine, but it’s also got a big price tag to go with it.

What do you guys think?

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 14d

I believe the slow times are due to traction issues in the F6, the torque over powers the rear wheels and time is lost as tyre smoke.

You have to look at the 3rd gear excell times to really see how much quicker the F6 is over its competitors.

• Member For: 16y 6m 19d

get a fully optioned XR6T with sat nav and you will have all the F6 features and more except the extra power and brakes... and a few cosmetice thingsbut you will have about 12 grand change in your pocket.