Fg Xr6t W/lux Pack Or G6et?

chaz67

• Member For: 16y 4m 25d

Hi All

on my learners at the moment as a forum member so please excuse any mistakes.

currently deciding between XR6T with luxury pack & a few other bits like Tech Pack or the G6ET with all the goodies & 19" wheels. was initially looking at the XR8 but seems like the turbo is the way to go - will be my first turbo.

any comments on which way I should go would be appreciated. things like resale value - never keep cars for too long! always been a Ford driver but did go over to the dark side with my current car WM Caprice with 6litre V8 - seen the light and want to come back!!!

with the XR6T looking at nitro or octane and if G6ET Ego or Seduce

decisions decisions!!!

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 14d

Depends what you want from the car mate. Are you mostly a cruiser that likes some go, or do you do the odd track day and really like to thrash your car through twisties?

I assume you are going auto so just think about the extras you get with the G and make up your mind - reverse camera and sensors standard, 8-way adjustable drivers seat with memory positions, Bluetooth standard, high series wing mirror indicators etc etc.

:shakefist: by the way

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 14d

Its the million dollar question, a fully optioned T will almost be the price of a standard G6ET, the difference will be the softer suspension and lack of LSD on the G6ET

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 26d

Struggling with the same question meself! Also by the time you add all the nice little options on to the T you're up there/past the G6ET price anyway.

Just have the grandpa styling and lack of LSD to deal with though :dontknow:

...and :shakefist:

edit....what he said!!!

Edited by tab

• Member For: 16y 4m 25d
Depends what you want from the car mate. Are you mostly a cruiser that likes some go, or do you do the odd track day and really like to thrash your car through twisties?

I assume you are going auto so just think about the extras you get with the G and make up your mind - reverse camera and sensors standard, 8-way adjustable drivers seat with memory positions, Bluetooth standard, high series wing mirror indicators etc etc.

:dontknow: by the way

thanks mate

pretty much cruiser who likes to have a car that can go when you need it!

went on the ford site and priced up both cars and with all the options I can add to the xr6t was still below the G6ET although you still miss out on some of the stuff you mention like wing mirror indicators, seat memory etc.. that you cant option up on the XR6T.

this may sound stupid but not keen on the shiny black plastic in the G6ET centre console - hoping that the luxury upgrade in the XR6T keeps the orginal colour - know that they change the side spears.

any thoughts on which one is likley to hold its value better?

sounds like another trip to the dealer :shakefist:

thanks for the welcome

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 14d

I would say the G6Et will hold it value more, its likely to be a lot less common and more desirable in the used market.

• Member For: 16y 6m 19d

G6ET seems a tad over priced but not by much. I did a quick calculation :

you can only get G6ET in auto so I will do a comparison with an XR6T Auto.

G6ET = $54990

The Differences :Luxury Performance Control Blade Independent Rear Suspension (IRS), body kit, side mirror indicators, Power adjustable side mirrors with memory and reverse auto adjust, Electrochromatic rear vision mirror, Front scuff plates, Overhead sunglasses console, 8 -Way power adjustable driver seat with 3-position memory, 18inch rims.

fully optioned XR6T = $54440

The Differences : Sports Control Blade Independent Rear Suspension (IRS), body kit, power adjustable pedals, Alloy pedal covers, Power adjustable side mirrors, 4-Way power driver's seat, LSD, 19inch rims, Parimeter alarm.

So at the end of the day the G6ET gets side mirror indicators, Power adjustable side mirrors with memory and reverse auto adjust, Electrochromatic rear vision mirror, Front scuff plates, Overhead sunglasses console, 8-Way power adjustable driver seat with 3-position memory which you dont get in the XR6T but in the XR6T you get power adjustable pedals, Alloy pedal covers, 4-Way power driver's seat, LSD, 19INCH rims, Parimeter alarm.

The prices are within $600 and the differences are stuff all. Akthough the XR6T with an LSD and 19inch rims seems like the better buy, value for money wise, I mean the XR6T has electric mirrors, just no memory. Is that a big deal? The main thing the G6ET has over the XR6T is the drivers seat where the XR6T has a parameter alarm, G6ET doesnt? But in the G6ET's defence the leather will be full leather interior where the XR6T would be a sports leather set up.

I do belive the G6ET should be around $1000 cheaper than what it is but I imagine the car will sell without trouble because at the end of the day, both these cars at these prices are fantastically equiped for the price you pay. Just both will accomidate different specrums of buyers. Would I get one, for sure if I could afford one. haha