Where To Run Boost Line For Mechanical Gauge

MKIIXR6T

• Member For: 18y 5m 19d

Hi Guys,

Ive hooked up my electrical oil pressure gauge and am now in the process of doing the mechanical boost gauge. Im wondering where most people have run their boost line from the cabin to closest to the BOV?

Does the dash need to come out? Ive got the ICC out aswell as the glovebox and instrument cluster so im hoping that enough.

Any thoughts welcome

Edited by MKIIXR6T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 12d

I'm not sure how to run it through or where the best spot is, but mine is run to the bleed line out of the top of my bov. hope this helps (other than that I really have no idea champ)

Best of luck with it all

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 9d

I removed the ICC, and fed the wires through the inside of the dash (past the traction control area) and it came down to under the steering wheel area (kinda). then popped through the firewall through the grommet where a clutch would normally be (I got auto trans) and then along the back of the firewall in the engine bay, then finally tapping into the small vacuum hose on the top of the blow off valve. All the exposed plastic tubing in the engine bay was then covered with that black flexy condute stuff to protect it from heat and that.

• Well-Hard Bangin' Member
  • Member For: 17y 29d
popped through the firewall through the grommet where a clutch would normally be (I got auto trans) and then along the back of the firewall in the engine bay, then finally tapping into the small vacuum hose on the top of the blow off valve. All the exposed plastic tubing in the engine bay was then covered with that black flexy condute stuff to protect it from heat and that.

yup, same as me (only did it last night so still fresh)

only diff is mine's on the right hand side near the a-pillar, so I ran mine under the seal down the side of the door and under where the fuse box is, along with the amp power lead and through the little grommet thingy where the clutch would be.

Dan