Blown Clutch In N/a

deadlydave86

• Member For: 17y 2m 16d

My mate has a xr N/A BA Mk II. The clutch has been slipping on and off since he got the car from brand new. whilst doing a burnout on sat night as he changed from 1st to 2nd the clutch slipped a little then locked on all sweet for a moment then all of a sudden it just spun :sleepystuff: . when ford inspected the clutch they said that the "pressure points" (his words not mine) had broken and they were not going to cover the repairs to his car as this would only happen due to excessive use. I understand that there is no way that they would warrant it given the circumstances that the clutch broke under. they want him to pay $2500 to get it back on the road and they said if a non genuine clutch (I proposed a mal wood option 1) was used then the drive line warranty on his car would be void. Can anyone let me know if this is true or are they just having a lend of him.

cheers dave

• Member For: 19y 5m 26d

I can sell him a genuine Ford XR6 Turbo clutch and flywheel (BA Mk2 6 speed box - will that fit?) - surely that is ok to install? $300 plus post (from NZ unfortunately)

If they are not warranting the clutch, surely not warranting the diff and CVs follows on close behind?

• Member For: 19y 2m 7d

If frieght from NZ is too expensive, I have one in Adelaide. Done 26000km, slipped at highway speeds in 5 & 6 with 260 kw at the wheels. Prob be right for a NA and the clutch plate still looks fine.

• Member For: 17y 2m 16d

After ford pulled the clutch out of the car today they found that the pressure plate had cracked in half and the two pieces were just sitting there. the clutch plate looked fone other then a few burn marks. Has anyone every seen this before? I'm not sure but is this what happens when a clutch explodes or is that the clutch plate blowing apart?

dave

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 9m 20d

Consider yourself lucky that they only quoted you that much to fix the clutch. When I bought my NA and its clutch was stuffed they quoted me more than $2500 to fix it. I ended up getting mal woods to fit a better clutch than ford would ever have put in it for half the price.