Best Tyres For Xr6t On Stock Rims

Howsee

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 20d

I run Hankook S1 evo (k107) on my car. Have done for the last 2.5 years. Awsome grip and very quiet, and they look tough too.

K107_F1.jpg

I have 19's they cost me 320-340 a corner. They also come in 235/17

Edited by ENVY-T

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 16d
Anything less than $600 per corner is rubbish as far as Ivy is concerned....but we aren't all made of money FFS :ph34r:

PP2's cost just $230 per corner :omg:

And they will outstrip all other tyres available in 235/45/17 for performance, including the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members

I wish I was a Michelin rep, I could have saved myself a lot of money...

I could have saved more by staying true to Michelin and not wasting my money trying other brands cause I always end up dissapointed.

I'm now running some Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics, and can't believe I wasted my money on these elastic bands. A good tyre no doubt, but no where near as good as the PS2's I had previously nor the PP2's I ran on the Falcon. :(

• Member For: 21y 10m 25d
PP2's cost just $230 per corner :badabing:

And they will outstrip all other tyres available in 235/45/17 for performance, including the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics.

Exactly - $600 a corner's a bit rich for me so was surprised that the PP2 pricing was in line with the RE001's. Anyone know the treadwear & traction rating on the Michelins?

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 1d

Didn't realise that...just assumed they would require one to sell their newborn to pay for the suckers.

Cro you're amazing :badabing:

PS: Envy, don't call him the michelen man...not very nice :no:

• Member For: 19y 8m 11d

The analogy referred to Cro's relentless and unbridled enthusiasm and promotion of his favorite tyre.

It is always great to see some into their chosen passion. I thoroughly enjoy and anticipate Cro's responses whenever the tyre topic is raised.

Certainly no offence was contemplated or meant; from my perspective I really do not see how this could be inferred. The Michelin man is one of the worlds most respected and trusted icons; I think it is consistently #1 in fondness and trust ratings.

Regards,

aa

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
Exactly - $600 a corner's a bit rich for me so was surprised that the PP2 pricing was in line with the RE001's. Anyone know the treadwear & traction rating on the Michelins?

240 Treadwear, AA Traction

Tabitha is referring to me spending $600 per corner for 18" PS2's (Pilot Sport 2), not 17" PP2's (Pilor Preceda 2).

The PS2 is the pinacle of road tyres, however they are not available in 235/45/17.

• Strike_Lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 3d
I wish I was a Michelin rep, I could have saved myself a lot of money...

I could have saved more by staying true to Michelin and not wasting my money trying other brands cause I always end up dissapointed.

I'm now running some Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics, and can't believe I wasted my money on these elastic bands. A good tyre no doubt, but no where near as good as the PS2's I had previously nor the PP2's I ran on the Falcon. :(

G day Cro, what sort of milage did you get from the PP2's ?? and did they start going off towards the end of their life, I know from experience that some tyres are real good for half their life span then drop off dramatically.

I am running Intensa's at the moment and have done atleast 20k on them and still some tred left on them, however the performance is rapidly dropping off almost daily now. Not realy complaining though, they have been good tyres for a long time now. Im still debating which tyres to get on my standard 17's

Cheers DG