Best Tyres For Xr6t On Stock Rims

Howsee

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 24d

Has anyone bought any Pirelli Dragons lately (stock 17's)??

Just got quoted $239 each, wondering if this is a decent price and if they are a decent tyre....??

Cheers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 7d

Sounds a good price for Pirelli who are usually a little more pricey then the rest. That is about the ball park figure for new rubber on 17's. Looking myself at the moment and found the Michelin piolet preceda 2 for $219. They get a good rating from others on this thread.

I.B.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 7d
Yeah. 20,000k's with 350rwkw. Very quite. Very good grip considering their wear rating. Good in wet. No tram lining.

But as with most tyres when a little wear kicks in things get worse. Although they have stayed very quite. But these have gone up a fair bit recently. I'm looking at Kumho KU19's next. I can get 245/35x19's for $260 each. Full retail is about $340.

Quit, Quiet, Quite or even Quick, cuz someone's been on the cans typing away.

I.B.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 1d
Has anyone bought any Pirelli Dragons lately (stock 17's)??

Just got quoted $239 each, wondering if this is a decent price and if they are a decent tyre....??

Cheers

Have been through a few sets of them...pretty decent tyres. Obviously not the best there is available but they crap all over the OEM Dumlops and are at the same price-point - that's enough for me.

One of the biggest advantages they have over the standard rubber is they don't tramline, is quite amazing how much easier it is to steer.

But they seem to wear out just as fast for some unknown reason :spoton:

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 16d

Don't waste your money with Pirelli Dragons, I run them on my wifes 1.6L auto Mazda Astina.

I can get the front wheels to spin in the dry with some effort and no effort required in the wet.

PP2's seem to be the best performer for a 235/45/17 :)

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 21d

flame suit on (Just for cro)

At the moment im running BF Goodrich Tyres, G force. They are about 200 a corner and they are pretty good. Ive had them on for around 3k now and they look to be wearing well. They are directional and are terriffic in the wet.

Also just for ppls info Bf and Michelin are now the same company. The Bf I have on my car also come out of japan

In 2nd with the dunnys I would break traction with the bf's no probs

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 24d
Due for a set shortly and have narrowed it down to either the Michelin PP2's or Bridgestone RE001's. Interested in hearing any comments comparing these two or any experiences otherwise.

both excellent tyres. You couldnt go wrong with either really. All the RE001 Reports are excellent, and I've used PP2 and was very impressed.