Best Tyres For Xr6t On Stock Rims

Howsee

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 19d

Hi all,

I'm looking at replacing the tyres on my xr6t due to the fact that my current ones (bridgestone potenza adrenalin's) are nearing the end of their life and are starting to slip badly. I'm staying with my stock rims for the moment (235/45 R17) and am after any recommendations for replacements and the prices for them. My car has currently 250rwkw and I will be eventually looking at achieving around 300rwkw, so if anyone's car is producing around this level I would love to hear from you about your experiences. I also live in brisbane just for arguments sake, but I'm happy to get advice from people everywhere. also prices paid would be very helpful, but aren't critical.

thanks in advance

Howsee

Edited by Howsee

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 6d

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult...lay.jsp?type=MP

Good source for tyre performance. All comes down to what you are prepared to pay and for which performance characteristics.

I went for the Yokahama Advans 19" for around $400 per corner. Great tyre and value for money.

Enter your tyre size and see what the punters have bought and thought about the various brands. Make your choice and start ringing around for prices :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 19d
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult...lay.jsp?type=MP

Good source for tyre performance. All comes down to what you are prepared to pay and for which performance characteristics.

I went for the Yokahama Advans 19" for around $400 per corner. Great tyre and value for money.

Enter your tyre size and see what the punters have bought and thought about the various brands. Make your choice and start ringing around for prices :spoton:

cheers Buf-Phoon, I'll have a look.

Thanks heaps

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 4m 28d

I got a set of goodyear f1 Gs d3's off another member, hqracer89 .I have 308 rwkw and actually have traction for the first time since I got the car ,they are a good tyre very grippy , fairly quiet , nice tread pattern

cost me $150 each plus transport ,send him a pm he might have some more of them

Edited by our06t

• Tractor Driver
  • Member For: 18y 7m 15d

Since my car in on a maintained lease, I have to get tyres from Beaurepairs (ugh), so I stumped for the Dunlop Sport Maxx. I'm very impressed with them, can't recall the exact price though.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 15d

The dunlops that come on the XR6T's are one of the most pathetic tyres available. They have very little dry or wet grip capabilities, and a large amount of tyre roar. Let's also not forget to mention the previous days of splitting, cracking and bubbleing Dunlops a large number of us had problems with.

Howsee, there isn't much available in the true performance range for a 17" wheel. I ended up buying all sorts of tyres till I settled on some Michelin Pilot Preceda 2's. The wet/dry grip capabilities of this tyre is absolutely brilliant, with great life and minimal noise @ ~$250 a corner you won't get a better tyre for your 17's. If you do want better you'll need to upgrade to 18's.

The only downside is that they don't take track punishment well, after 8 or so laps they heat up and loose a lot of their grip. They are fine after a cool down. Unless you drive the same on the road as on the track (and you'll be an idiot for doing so), you will not face this problem.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m

:Imwifhim:

The dumlops are quite ordinary - practically anything even in the same price bracket are much better on all levels. Have got Pirelli Dragons myself, around $250 a corner and are a very decent tyre.

• Member For: 17y 7m 24d

I bought federal RS595.

once the tyres are nice and warm, even at 396rwkw if the road is good, I wont spin the wheels in 2nd gear, well not noticeably anyway... WAY more grip than the facotry dunlops, and my mate bought them too, reckons they WAY better than the factory FPV tyres aswell.

they are a semi slick track day tyre, traction AA and so far, they seem to be lasting quite well too, probably coz theyre not spinning up everywhere...

paid $390 per corner. highly recommend.