Sudden Idle Drop And Possible Over Boost

jimmy921984

• Member For: 16y 7m 10d

hello

I have a 05 ba mkII 6 speed manual sometimes esp pulling up to traffic lights the idle drops to almost stalling then picks back up its done it about 4 or 5 times since ive had the car and also when ive given it full stick with my mates at about 4500rpm the engine starts to cut out I back off and re boot it and its fine I was wondering if it was over boosting and shutting down like my 89 mx6t. ive owned the car for 3 months and stock as if anyone has any ideas that would be great thanks

:dohdoh:

• Member For: 17y 24d

ford replaced my tps then my idle went to sh*t. stalling all the time. So got it custom tuned mate and its heaps better. Still dips down too 250rpm then back to 750rpm sometimes. Mainly when pulling up to lights like you mentioned. I just live with it now. My tuner is to far away so he can look at it next time.

The lot of xr6t have this problem.

• Member For: 16y 10m 8d

im having the same problem with my 03ba

after the tune the car goes to stall at lights and has done a couple of times

and after a drive ill turn the car on and if I go to start it after about 5min the car starts then stalls,I have to give it a rev for it to idle...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 4d

I had the same problem with my ba 05 mk2 t, but after getting the fuel filter changed, the problem just went away?? I just put it down to this, did the job for me!

Derek

• Member For: 16y 7m 10d
I had the same problem with my ba 05 mk2 t, but after getting the fuel filter changed, the problem just went away?? I just put it down to this, did the job for me!

Derek

which fault was that just trying to isolate fault thanks

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 4d
hello

pulling up to traffic lights the idle drops to almost stalling then picks back up

:stirthepot:

As I said my car done this as well, 05 mk2 6sp T, but it was tuned! but as metioned above as soon as I changed the fuel filter the problem has gone away? dont know why? but the car runs even better and stronger then my last tune at 310rwkw.

Derek

Edited by dezzaxr6t