Mph Vs Rwkw List

JP300

• Member For: 20y 4m 9d

a dyno will show a power figue, that the car can make, over the 5 or so seconds it takes to do a dyno run,

if you have a good intercooler, your car might be able to back that up straight after with the same or similar figure, then again, the same figure a third time.

a stock cooler can run an ok figure the first time, say 280rwks, then back that up straight away, and it will run 250rwks, then again and 240rkws,

the same happens down the quarter, you rev it doing your burnout, then rev it right through first, then right through 2nd, the most times right through 3rd,

just like three back to back runs, so two cars with 300rwks (auto's) one can run 119mph, and the other(with a stock cooler might run 112-114mph,

without back to back runs, or very slow ramp rates, you don't alway's see how good the cooler works.

then this is exagerates in hot times of the year,

plus there can be a 2-4 mph difference, if you cool the car right down in between runs, like some push there car up the lanes after cooling them down for an hour,(turbo cars)

hope this puts some light into why some mph's can be so different to others.

there is other reasons to, like the average power through the revrange, but and some over conservitive compensations in temp to timing in the tune to, but heat soak is the biggest one,imo

I did a test with a car, auto standed cooler, it made 280rwks, hot weather, she ran 112mph,

same car, same tune, same boost,(car still had all the standed top pipework and restrictions)

but with a good cooler on the front, the car made 290rwks,

it ran (hot night 117 mph)

hope this makes sence.

David

Edited by blueboost

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 3d
hmmm, so why is my MPH so low? I'm at the top of 4th gear just before rev-limit when I cross the line...

What diff you running?

I have a 3.46 and was just changing into 4th before the line.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 3d
3.73 isn't it? either way it seems my car isn't backing up its feel on the strip

That's the one.

You should've told me that first up and I wouldn't have made a d**k of myself.