Mph Vs Rwkw List

JP300

• Member For: 15y 11m 9d

assuming the car is a manual? any more details?

getting your 60' time down say closer to a 2.0 will help heaps.. a tenth in the 60' ends up being about 2 tenths at the end ;)

Yeah its a ba manual ute, T5 5 speed with ace opt 2 clutch. Getting a highflow cat put in and getting it to spool up earlier. Doub't that would make that much difference though.

Car should be in low 13's even 12's. Was watching the stockies do 13 passes, then id go for a run and get 14's, wasnt too happy

• EPC Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 2d

Im confused.. I ran my bf xr6t (zf6 spd )just over a week ago and ran 116.9 mph which was my best time 12.2, then one of my runs a 12.79 @ 119.6 mph. I dont understand this... higher mph but a slower time, What is a true indication of mph vs rwkw in my case. How much power am I ment to have??

• Member For: 15y 9m 17d

A slower et gives the car more time to accelerate, often resulting in a higher mph. Good traction gets you to the other end quicker and at the same time reduces the time its accelerating over.

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 6m 26d

Went out for the first time, only got 2 runs... sh*tty 17's with no travel in the ass end (set up for sliding)

15.4 @ 93mph (Smoked through to 4th)

14.8 @ 104mph (Crawled off the line and booted it in 3rd)

301rwkw 6sp manual ute. NPC custom button clutch. Very safe fat tune.. Std exhaust.

Got some ET streets now to help me seeing as I have no suspension travel. Hopefully get low 13's, high 12's. What do you guys think?

My ute makes 15psi on a cold nite down low, then drops to 12ish. If I can change before it drops, this will effectivly keep it making 15psi when its under load lower in the rev range?

Here's a link to the 14.8

Massive oil down killed the night. Smoke is mine :D

Edited by Anchor

• Member For: 15y 3m 14d

I haven't raced the G6ET yet (will get to Willowbank this winter though).

My old VY SS Wagon ran 12.8 @ 110MPH with 260rwkw through a T56 Manual. The wagon was over 2000kg's with me and stereo gear and I was running MT ET Street radials.

• Member For: 17y 6m 18d

My old VY SS Wagon ran 12.8 @ 110MPH with 260rwkw through a T56 Manual. The wagon was over 2000kg's with me and stereo gear and I was running MT ET Street radials.

If we're talking Holdens, our Monaro has run 12.0 @ 113mph with ~275rwkw.

:spit:

• Member For: 15y 3m 14d

I think the Expensive Daewoo stuff is still relevant even though it runs a LS1 not a Boss or 4L they still run tremec box's and similar rear ends with similar weight so RWKW / mph still holds.

One thing I find interesting is how the big hp turbo six's seem to struggle at getting the power down (boost coming on causing wheel spin) where a similarly powered V8 (BOSS or Gen 111) will be easier to drive and not wheel spin giving better times in the V8.

There seems to be a real blow out point when these turbo 6's really over power any road type of set up and unless you go for a more drag oriented set up you just get slower.

It gives me massive respect for the guys on this forum that run into the 11's 10's with their cars that are still street oriented because they must be really driving well and putting in teh practice to get consistent.

• Member For: 17y 10m 28d

went out to calder a few weeks back..

ran a 12.5 @118mph 2.0 60' on street tyres. 326rwkw manual.

Anchor:

try shifting around 5200? see how that goes.. after you get some practise you'll figure it out. if it starts to wheelspin your better off easing off until it grips, then get back into it.

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 8m 19d

My 100% stock G6Et with only 1000km on it went 110.62mph into a 20km/h straight on head wind full trim tank and 19's with 125kg test pilot

Did 13.0518 with a 2.06 60ft on that 110.62 mph run. 2 others were 110 mph the rest 109 mph..