Fg 0-100 4.7 Seconds

• Member For: 17y 8m 20d

Maybe they didn't use launch control. Who tests cars on a gravely surface?

Also the Winton test Rick Kelly drove all 3 cars I thought he would of been biased towards the Holden! A fair test would be to use Craig Lowendes in the FPV's and Rick Kelly in the HSV and do 1 warm up then 5 sprint laps at seperate times. That would be a fair test as both drivers have an allegiance to each brand and they would extract the very best out of their respective vehicle.

My 2cents Alf.

Edited by ALF05T

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 25d
The typhoon may get quicker once it's run in. It's 150 odd kg's heavier than the xr6t (as with ba/bf), but I'm guessing the typhoons may have conservative tune ups to run the engine in, that or the engine is simply no better than the 270kw ford engine.

Where did the 150kg come from? 100kg at most.

• Member For: 17y 2m 15d

What was interesting is that the Falcon clearly was faster, with similar acceleration figures and a better trap time, yet the laptimes were dead on even.

That says alot about the brakes, chasis and suspension in the R8. But there is no doubt the F6 has it destroyed in a straight line.

Edited by Mitchtj

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 6m 14d

thought I would dig this back up cause I just took the ute for a bit of a spin, and I cant wait to get bigger rubber under the back.

The best I got was a 5.39 0-100, with only a 2.21 60'. That was with wheelspin at launch, wheelspin at the top of 1st and wheelspin when shifted into 2nd.

I got a fair few around 6.3-6.8 and looking at the data its pretty much all dependant on the 60' time. (times from 2.8-4ish)

I hope I get a chance to chuck it down the track some time soon so I can actually get some traction.

BTW all of that is recorded on race chrono using my nokia n95 with internal gps. 3/4 tank of 95ron (vortec) on private roads... oh and traction control ON.

• Member For: 16y 6m 14d

apparently not super accurate when using the internat GPS but if you get a external one it is really good (so the race chrono web page says) It doesnt have all the features of a G-tecd... but hey, its a phone, camerra, gps, music player, file storage (8gb mem card) web browser, so on and so forth.

• Member For: 15y 11m 27d

hi all, the FG F6 is 380kw standard at the flywheel, not 310kw... all other F6s were 310kw standard not the 270kw that ford stated...I have never seen a F6 pull less than 304rwhp on a dyno and iv seen many.. but the FG I saw with less than 200kms on the clock pulled 286rwkw with a 6 speed manual.....cheers