555.6kw Ba Ute

xradam

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 19d
It would be great to see the timing map, and data logging for inlet temps

30psi would suggest she's out of her effiency range, maybe a larger exhaust housing will give better gains

We have been logging this car and as the dyno chart shows we are getting high intake temps due to maxing the turbo out therefore pulling timing at high rpm on 27psi approx 700rwhp the car draws a perfect powercurve I will post up one of the 600 pulp 20psi. Don't worry guys new turbo on order allready.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 23d

Guys, what would be your opinion of the Turbonetics GT-K Turbos, I was of the opinion that they are a great turbo and a friend is about to use one on a RB30, probably the GT-K 850

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 23d

Ahh, no water cooling, that's probably why they ceramic coat the rear housings too, I guess a turbo timer would be a good idea with this sort of turbo - thanks for your input!

• Member For: 17y 7m 29d

why would you bother with an 850gtk for 550rwhp when the factory turbo will do it? mine makes 530rwhp on 18psi... surely you could squeese a bit more than 550 out of an 850gtk???

Edited by groper

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 10d
why would you bother with an 850gtk for 550rwhp when the factory turbo will do it? mine makes 530rwhp on 18psi... surely you could squeese a bit more than 550 out of an 850gtk???

Less boost, less timing... but I doupt you'd get the same midrange performance from the bigger turbo, all things being equal that is, which they wouldnt be lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 19y 1m 26d

ooo so you're Thisso... My XR happens to be sitting at Hi-Torque at the moment as well. Infact engine comes out today and I've eyed off your car a few times since I've been in out of there.

Mine won't be as extreme as yours turbo wise but the rest will be very similar :)

Can't wait to join the 500+ club :D

• 1 month later...