Bang For Your Buck Upgrades... N/A

NVT

• Member For: 16y 10m 4d

Guys, I fitted a set of Pacemaker 4490's and the Pacemaker 4490/4495 Cat and pipe that they do, to my 2008 BF Mk II XR6 and after a couple of days the "MIL" lamp came on.

TIP: MAKE SURE the cat and pipe has a fitting to fit the secondary 02 sensor at the back of the cat.

Opp's kind of figured it had something to do with the above as everything was fine until I fitted the above.

I checked the 02 sensors as the BF has a secondary one after the cat and the connections were fine.

So I rang Ford and it was all "Hilly Pilly" the sky's falling in and there is something wrong so you better come in, bla bla.

Well there was nothing wrong. Fuel consumption was the same 12.5 / 100km's , it went like the clappers, well a 14.4sec 1/4 is okay I guess and no limp mode.

So what was wrong? I rang BPT and they said I'll have to get it Flashed. It's to do with the "number" that is stored in the ECU now being different. They will turn off the feedback from the secondary 02 sensor but not the rest of the codes to the MIL lamp.

Fair enough I'm going to get it flashed anyway once I've done all my bolt on's.

So I rang my supplier and he said it's all to do with EURO IV emissions. BF's have a secondary 02 sensor to look at what is happening through the cat. It's basically saying there is something wrong with the cat as it's flowing higher than before. Ie not a lot of difference in flow from the inlet to the out let. Got that bit right!!

Whats the fix?

Simple.

1. Disconnect your battery terminal for a few mins, whack it back on and bobs ya uncle.

2. Pop past and pick up an adaptor that brings the secondary 02 sensor out of the exhaust gas path so that the sensor reads a reduced flow.

3. Get it flashed.

Either one works. With 1 being a temp fix. 2 I haven't tried and as I said once I've done all my bolt ones (only the power pulley to go) then I'll get it flashed.

I've tried to work out under what conditions makes the MIL light come on and I'm 80% sure it's highway cruising. Standing on it makes no difference. Apart from the light coming on and the inconvenience of having to disconnect the battery, no change.

I hope this helps explain the difference why on a BA the MIL light doesn't come on but in the BF it does.

Mike.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 17d

I'm picking up my 2007 BF MKII XR6 tomorrow :D

I'm planning on doing as much to it as possible.

Starting with the PH4495 and a full exhaust system.

What should I be looking at getting regarding the exhaust?

I don't know much about them...

Cheers, Jake.

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 6m 19d

Nice thread guys. Thx for all the help. Getting my F6 secondary intake for my n/a tomorrow or day after. Can't wait. Not sure where to go from there. :k24t:

• 2 months later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 5d

hey I got a xr6 na. im looking at all the things use guys had been saying. but im buying a growler cai. I was just wondering when I turbo my car where would I take the car to bring my compression rate down like a xr6t. anyone ??

I love my car heaps :bangcomputer:

as well im going to build up my car so its ready to be turbo. and much more powerful than a stock.

post-35477-1242882139_thumb.jpg

Edited by My(BF2DI4)

• Member For: 15y 6m 19d

Heya Falcon Fan,

The F6 snorkel alone is approx $80. Pacemaker extrators will set you back at least $400. These are a few prices I have seen on ebay.

• Member For: 15y 7m 24d
hey I got a xr6 na. im looking at all the things use guys had been saying. but im buying a growler cai. I was just wondering when I turbo my car where would I take the car to bring my compression rate down like a xr6t. anyone ??

I love my car heaps :banghead:

as well im going to build up my car so its ready to be turbo. and much more powerful than a stock.

Compression ratio isn't that different, you might find that the turbo spools quicker but other than that, I don't see the point in lowering the ratio.

Falcon Fan,

I got my 4495's installed for about $700, this was last year some time. Cat back exhaust was around $450, it's a redback 2.5, sounded just like a xr6 turbo stock. Hi flow cat was about $325 and got a new muffler and twin tips installed for about $115.

If you can find a f6 lower intake snorkel and the other snorkel, as well as the bottom airbox on ebay it's your best bet, otherwise you'll be forking out around $325 from ford new like I did.

Depending on where you're located, you can get gearbox strengthening done on your falcon. I'll be getting mine done soon, costs around $300.

Also, there's the option of cams which will set you back around $1800 to be supplied, installed and tuned in.

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 16d

Keaton,

You said, "Depending on where you're located, you can get gearbox strengthening done on your falcon. I'll be getting mine done soon, costs around $300. "

Where did you get that pricing for a gearbox strengthen? Most guys have them strengthened when the box lets go and that costs upwards of $2K...

They need to pull the whole box and and pull it apart, installing new bands etc to make it stronger. If you can indeed get it strengthened for $300 I'd love to know who can do it for that price! :beerchug:

Cheers,

Dan

• Member For: 15y 8m 9d

hey guys

I picked up an xr8 cat back for cheap and wanted to put it on to see what it sounds like but got quoted like 275 to get it fitted.

how much have other people paid to get theirs fitted.

im thinking of doing it myself by getting a twin tip and using that as the 2 into 1 pipe

• Member For: 15y 7m 24d
They need to pull the whole box and and pull it apart, installing new bands etc to make it stronger. If you can indeed get it strengthened for $300 I'd love to know who can do it for that price! :spoton:

http://www.sureshiftautomatics.com.au/perf...nceproducts.htm

Gives you firmer shifts, for $350 it's not bad. Haven't actually been in a car with it done, but I've heard quite a bit of positive feedback.

Don't beat me if I got it wrong though :dontknow: