Another Alarm Question

Infamous

• Member For: 17y 9m 2d

Hey, Got another question on alarms. I've already searched the forums and none seem to answer my question. Anyway my car alarm seems to go off intermittently on my BA Fairmont. It especially sh*ts me in the early hours of the morning. Replaced the battery, still does it.

I assume it's got an factory fitted alarm, I've only owned it for two weeks, bought it at auction as a 2nd car as it was in good knick and significantly cheaper then my turbo to run. Did fairmont's come out with a alarm standard, does it differ to other makes?

Thanks

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 4d

dont think they ever came as a factory option - but I know with my alarm its very sensitive, if a harley or a loud v8 goes past that can be enogh to set it off, so maybe something is setting it off.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 3d

I believe that the so-called "factory alarm" is a local dealer fit and are in fact after market alarms, and vary from dealer to dealer. I had a problem with my BA XR6-T where the alarm would go off after turning the car off for the first time each day. Local dealer wouldn't cover it under warranty claim and I had to take it back to original dealer as it was a "local fit". I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. You may need to find out who the original dealer was to find out what brand/type it is and how to possibly fix it,

• Member For: 17y 9m 2d

Hey, thanks for your suggestions. I've got the service manual, so I know who the original dealer was, so I'm going to give them a call tommorrow. Good thing I don't need the car for work, because I've had the negative terminal removed for the last two days. Hopefully I can get it sorted soon.

Cheers