Master Cylinder Diff Between Bf Xr8 & Fpv 4 Pot

zakxr8

• Member For: 17y 5m 2d

Hi

A brake mechanic informed me that in BF’s the FPV master cylinder is bigger than in XR8. Is this true.

I have replaced my XR8 brakes, front 2 pot calliper x 322 rotors & rear 1 pot calliper x 328 rotors, with FPV (BF F6) brakes, front Brambo 4 pot x 355 cross drilled rotors & rear 1 pot calliper x 328 cross drilled rotors. Brakes work fine but the paddle is bit spongy. The brake mechanic believes that it is due to the size in master cylinder. What do you think.

• Member For: 16y 8m 28d

If the pedal is spongy, it either needs bleeding or the flexible hoses are RS. If the pedal travel is long, the master cylinder is too small. Should probably be changed for one with a 1/16" bigger piston (whatever that is in mm).

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 27d
Hi

A brake mechanic informed me that in BF’s the FPV master cylinder is bigger than in XR8. Is this true.

I have replaced my XR8 brakes, front 2 pot calliper x 322 rotors & rear 1 pot calliper x 328 rotors, with FPV (BF F6) brakes, front Brambo 4 pot x 355 cross drilled rotors & rear 1 pot calliper x 328 cross drilled rotors. Brakes work fine but the paddle is bit spongy. The brake mechanic believes that it is due to the size in master cylinder. What do you think.

Looks like the brake machanic has no idea :gaysex:

Specs on std. BA and FPV master cylinder are IDENTICAL, and spongy brakes are a sign of trapped air and/or bad brake hoses, and has nothing to do with the size of the master cylinder.

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 7m 19d

I changed my standards to 6 pot AP Racing brakes front, and 4 pot AP's rear, left the standard master cylinder, and the pedal is definately a long way from spongy.