The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 19d

Lol Corzza.. My job is fairly cruisey sometimes but when the work is on I don't often see daylight (if I'm in the office) or don't often see home when I'm out of the office..

Edit: I feel I should also add that my nap plan this morning was an epic fail.. Because while I shut the blind on my door.. I neglected to realise I now have a window out onto the street which 90% of the staff drive past to get to the carpark..

Sprung..

Edited by Slightly Depressed Panda

• I <3 Floods

Yeah they do Corzza... Quite often I get job envy of a few people and then always think back to my days as a bakery and realise I've got it pretty friggin good..

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 22d

Ffs. How is it a warning if the council make you pay the first time?

That was the pickup fee, compulsory

He had to pay a pickup fee, he wasnt fined for the infringement.

Kinda the same if you park illegally, and your car gets carted away. You would have to pay a tow fee. Plus also maybe a infringement.

If he was fined, id say he'd had to cough up $259

This.

morning all

Im guessing it was not the only dog that was handed in or picked up. I think collection should be free given the circumstances of event

In saying that if the owners are aware what can/would happen on such event then more should be taken in preventing from this to happen.

This would happen all over Australia, even the world, hope wolfer is ok now freeze

I just just imagine all the money they make between Christmas and new year, if my dog got out any other time of the year ill just take it on the chin as its my fault, he goes crazy with fireworks though. He's like the terminator. Maybe I should send them my vet bill I got the other day from my dog getting sick in the pound

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 25d

So whose fault is it that your dog got out?

I guess the point is to create a disincentive so that owners will keep their dogs secured, especially when there's fireworks around. I'd say they've succeeded in this instance!

BTW my job is pretty awesome. Still get the occasional f'wit to deal with but you just have to treat it as a sport and have fun with them.

• Member For: 11y 8m 3d
So whose fault is it that your dog got out?I guess the point is to create a disincentive so that owners will keep their dogs secured, especially when there's fireworks around. I'd say they've succeeded in this instance!

I agree to a point. My yard is very well secured and my dogs don't get bothered by fireworks usually, but new years 2012/13 my boofhead male decided he'd headbutt the colorbond panel till he got free.Luckily, a mate up the road grabbed him for me, but it could have been a lot worse ( besides being hit or picked up by rangers, he doesn't always play nice with other dogs).I can understand council's stance but sometimes you can't do any more than you've done.

Edited by D DUB

• I <3 Floods

While I agree to an extent.. Please don't take this as a criticism.. it's just my view.. I've been covering my arse for a living for years.. So I believe a big part of having a dog is covering your arse because you don't know what the dogs gonna do to someone if you aren't around..

If your dog can get out.. It wasn't secured enough.

ie: You have a 3.5 foot chainwire fence around your yard.. You own a border collie or boxer.. Your yard isn't secure enough.

If your dog can beat through a colorbond fence.. Then the colorbond fence wasn't secure enough..

I have a 6 foot fence around my yard except for one small section.. My dog (60kg ridgeback) can get out when he's felling exceptionally naughty.. I electrified the part he could get out.. he could still get out if he really wanted to.. Add Fireworks - I tied him up.. I tried an electric pet fence.. It wasn't effective enough.. So now my dog lives on a fly wire.. He has access to our entire back yard.. But it pulls him up short of the fence..

Big part of being a responsible pet owner is taking responsibility for your pets.. Yeah I don't think fines from the council are a way to do it (unless you are a serial offender with your dog getting out).. (I always figured the pick up fee was enough of a fine). If my dog got out I don't know what he would do.. He could easily kill a kid accidentally while trying to play a game (Though he's not vicious).. I don't want to take any risk like that because I don't want that on my conscience.

• Like 1