The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 7m 18d

Balanced a couple of mud tyres this morning. The guy had been to a shop to get them fitted and balanced and complained about severe vibration. I chucked them on my machine and one was 115 grams out on one side! The other one was not much better. Needless to say I got both of his tyres to 00 each and he and his vehicle were much happier.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 7m 18d

Nah I checked, carnts just didn't do it right. Bunch of teenagers working on a Friday lol. Second tyre was off by 105g each side when I checked their work, and when I took the weights off and spun it, it was only off by 50g and 20g respectively. They literally didn't balance it and left old weights on it, or just chucked something on to make it look good.

I quoted $50 to remove and balance two tyres, first one took me nearly 45 minutes to get right, cos after farking with the balance, I had to debead it and rotate the tyre 90 degrees on the rim. Second tyre took 5 minutes lol, as they should. Oh well, at least I have a return customer lol.

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 5m 6d

a bunch of people :)

busy around the house today (and almost all weekends since moving in here). loving life