The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Member For: 5y 9m 4d

I see youre back @Puffwagon. I went to dyno today after finally getting my car sorted with artec manifold, efr 9174 with 1.05 t4 split pulse housing, atomic Anchorlox on manifold studs and on turbo studs too,  ts 50mm gate plumbed back in under car, mac 3 port solenoid with stainless push lock fittings, I have plumbed mac to top and bottom ports on wastegate, Ims 3 bar boost sensor and 4 bar tmap sensor with loom adaptor kit so I can get higher boost, extensive custom dairy farmer made heat sheilding covering exhaust manifold, sensor at back of head, heater hoses and coolant reservoir, dump pipe and engine mount. Anyway gonna finish tuning tomorow but got 21-22psi by 3200 rpm, 450kw, 98 bp, Turbo comes on fast, boost falls to 17-18psi at topend. Tuner had duty cycle at 50% and it wouldnt get any more than 15psi and wastegate spring is 14psi. That was to start with. He said he cant get any more boost out of it up topend cos hes got it on 100% duty cycle. I said the wastegate is probably getting pushed open a bit causing the slight drop , but the gate is plumbed to top port as well so we dont know. I also said maybe its a good thing because it may not overboost, so I might leave it. I could put a harder spring in wastegate to try stop it. But I might be best to leave it for safety. Also what do you guys think about 22psi at 3200rpm??? Should I pull boost down to 20ish on sbe? Artec and t4 split pulse 9174 coming on the same, probably harder than gen 2 gtx3582r on stock log manifold. Car is still on dyno for the night so havnt driven it yet. Opinions please dudes.