The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5m 25d

Hey Keith.

WRX life still going well here. I was in Adelaide over Easter and had a rental Tesla Model 3 which was another interesting automotive experience. Personally, would not buy:

-The wind noise was awful. Sounded like a kettle was whistling at any speed above 30. Did some searching and apparently quite common. Can be rear view mirrors or can be panel fit. I suspect the latter as seemed to be coming from the bonnet and roof.

-Steering feels very remote. Is like driving on a PlayStation.

-Lane wandering warning was atrocious. Would tell you you were drifting from your lane when your weren't. Would not tell you when you were. Accurate maybe 30% of the time.

-Ditto traffic light warning. Multiple alerts to say lights had gone green when they hadn't.

-Ditto collision warning. Just about caused an international incident with the car automatically avoiding a small pothole.

-The dash is sleek and minimal which looks nice. But having to look down and across constantly for a small digit on the screen for speed gets tiring real quick. You can configure shortcuts, but when it starts raining and lights and wipers aren't easily available it is annoying. Three button presses to get to the screen to open the glovebox!

-The screen that shows traffic around was always inaccurate and erratic. A bit frightening if that info is the basis for Autopilot in other countries.

-A lot of clunks and rattles for a car with 25k km on it. In fairness, it was a rental.

The torque up to about 80 is great so I don't mind the idea of an electric car for commuting. But I'd get something from a more proven manufacturer that had thought out the features better. And having some key controls and information in easy reach or sight is much better in the long term for ease of use and safety than a minimal looking dash.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 8d

morning all, happy Thursday 💶

I'm thinking of getting an enormous mortgage... it's painful to consider how much money I'll spend on interest... :yikes:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 18d

Yay Thursday :yay:

Yeah nah ain't nobody got time for interest. Even if you get a place for $200k you'll still be around $300 per week interest. Fark that with a rusty spoon.