The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 7m 24d

Just a quick one guys.

Am looking to put on a person to give me a hand around the (home) office a couple of days a week for a few hours (am up til midnight a few nights a week doing stuff that a girl-friday could be doing during the day - probably about 6-8 hours a week, split over a couple of days as needed)

Duties would be basically collating documents, preparing postage and general office duties etc.

Anyone got an idea of what a fair rate of pay would be for something like that? (been well over a decade since I employed anyone)

Would cash be a fair call, or should I be looking at doing it through the books?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 20d

Here is a website that offers pay advice for various professions. You can input various values to take into account; age, experience and location etc.

It looks like you'd be up for around $20 per hour.

Cash would be fine for close family or friends that won't sue you if they get injured while helping you. That's only about $150 a week.

If you are planning to do it legit then you will likely find that it will cost you more. You may be eligible for government wage assistance for hiring people that meet specific jobseeker requirements. You may also be eligible for certain tax breaks.

Doing it on the books will bring more paperwork to the table and that is a consideration if time is already an issue.

Anyway that's my general advice, I'm sure with some more thought you'll work out what's best for you.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 7m 24d

Cheers.

Will definitely be asking around the friends etc rather than advertising - just wanted an idea of how much to offer