The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 19d

Just to play devil advocate freeze.. not sure how much fence they put up but 2k does seem mighty cheap..

I'm no expert on fences.. But I'm good with wood (heh heh heh)..

Nails popping out happens when the timber swells and shrinks due to heat/moisture..

The big cracks down the palings would of happened for the same reason (Natural fault in wood).

Applying a bit of technical thinking here:

A) Cheap wood

B) Incorrectly treated or not treated at all

C) Even though people say it's not necessary (and it's not if you use a decent grade of treated material), should should always seal something like that.. Even if it's just with a bit of decking oil or something..

I'd almost place money on getting some serious rain not long after that fence was installed..

Though I will add that there is some fuggin shoddy workmanship going on there..

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 23d

My dog doesn't eat wood. He just puts his head through it lol

Got home the other day after a storm, went to the back yard and he didn't come running to me. Heard the other dog crying so I went to see and she was stuck at the back of the house and saturated. Called my dog and nothing. Then I heard a collar rattle so I looked over into the paddock and there was another dog there looking at me. Didn't really care about it at the time so as I went to jump the side gate I made to stop him going over the side of the house I looked over into the neighbors house and he's there trying to jump back over. Our house is high and the laundry door has stairs going up to it then back down, the fence is about 1m from the top. He jumped that and its a 1600mm drop. Got him back and he was wet and covered in mud. Wiped his face down and it was covered in blood. The dog must have attacked him when he first got over. Had 8 puncher wounds over his face and 4 under his armpit.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 6d

The back fence is nowhere as bad as all that but most of the bottom has a gap about 1.5 inches

20140319_145358.jpg

If that's 1.5 inches I wanna measure my doodle with your ruler.....

• Like 5