The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m

They go to Auction Pookey (dealer Auction) and dealers bid on them and then sell them off at a pretty profit

Interesting. So they'd be the ones you see advertised as 'Dealer Demo' with several thousand kays on them? I always assumed those sorts of cars were driven by the salesman, not staff in HQ.

• Member For: 15y 7m 18d

Interesting. So they'd be the ones you see advertised as 'Dealer Demo' with several thousand kays on them? I always assumed those sorts of cars were driven by the salesman, not staff in HQ.

Some of them belong to the dealers but a fair few are purchased from HQ. You would want to try and get into one that belonged to a HQ staff as we look after our vehicles.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m

Is there an easy way to tell HQ from Dealer cars?

Seperate question for the tech heads, my grandparents have a Fairmont Ghia which has an LSD standard. Its started developing a knocking noise when you go around corners and the tighter the turn, the louder the knock. I had a drive and at full lock going really slow every time it 'knocks' it sounds like its coming from the rear half of the car. The noise is like when you overtighten a lid on a bottle and it 'clicks' and goes back a thread and you have to retighten it. It's like that over and over again.

Am I right in thinking there's an issue with the LSD? It's definitely not steering as I've had that in other cars, you can't feel this through the steering and it happens even on slight corners, it just doesn't 'knock' as often.

Is there an easy way to tell HQ from Dealer cars?

Seperate question for the tech heads, my grandparents have a Fairmont Ghia which has an LSD standard. Its started developing a knocking noise when you go around corners and the tighter the turn, the louder the knock. I had a drive and at full lock going really slow every time it 'knocks' it sounds like its coming from the rear half of the car. The noise is like when you overtighten a lid on a bottle and it 'clicks' and goes back a thread and you have to retighten it. It's like that over and over again.

Am I right in thinking there's an issue with the LSD? It's definitely not steering as I've had that in other cars, you can't feel this through the steering and it happens even on slight corners, it just doesn't 'knock' as often.

Grab the VIN and call the HQ they would be able to tell.

afternoon all

Knowing that corzza is in HQ any jobs..........lol I like Volvo's

You will be surprised how many people all of a sudden like Volvos once I tell them where I work hahaha

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 23d

Well its the truck I'm more interested in would love to drive a FH16 700. Also Volvo is leading the way in buses too. well done!!

Plus I remember my old man buying a Volvo wagon back in the late 80's

Edited by ANGEL#3
  • Like 1

Customer Relations pookey, deal with headaches, dealers, roadside assist and the rest of the departments in this organisation.

• Like 1

Well its the truck I'm more interested in would love to drive a FH16 700. Also Volvo is leading the way in buses too. well done!!

Plus I remember my old man buying a Volvo wagon back in the late 80's

Volvo Trucks & Bus are in Chullora, they are separate mate but can always flick through a good word for you

• Like 1