The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 26d

None of the governments want to sink money into bushfire prevention because it's not seen as a good investment.

IMHO let the cattlemen send their cattle up into the Alpine wilderness to at least keep the grass down.

• Like 1

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 19d

Yep alpine grazing and Cfa controlled burns, doesn't sound too expensive to me? Cheaper than fighting fires for months on end...

• Like 1

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 20d

But see that's the thing, they do cover all that stuff in commercial cookery so there's not really any excuse. Well they do up here in any case.Polystyrene for the top tiers and focus on the bottom would have been the best!But anyway we'd better stop discussing cakes or freeze will crack the sads, again.

We covered that stuff quite heavily in pastry cooking.. But I didn't do it in commercial cookery.. But I did get a few exemptions for my baking and pastry cooking certificates.

Most chefs I know can't do cakes..

And as far as that cake went.. Their really wasn't anything difficult in that recipe.. Except for the time limit and the 'fear factor' of it being a zumbo cake.. It was all basic stuff and if they focused on each component instead of looking at the big picture and sh*tting themselves it would have been a different outcome.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 26d

But then the greenies will get their knickers twisted over the moo cows upsetting the biodiversity etc. Apparently much better to have it all completely wiped out by a massive fire every couple of years instead.

Fcking morons.

Farkin cookin shows next it'll be the latest from days of our lives...

Or baby talk. What would you prefer? :dagabond:
  • Like 1

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 26d

Most chefs I know can't do cakes..

Key point I guess, but still like you said none of it was that complex. Give them a whole carcass to break-down too and watch them sh*t themselves.

Have you ever set foot in to the Southbank Tafe pastry/bakery kitchens here in Brisbane? Farkin awesome setup.

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 19d

Not wrong tab, without the greenies vic wouldn't have had the fires they have over the last 10 years as there would have been nothing to burn.

• Not pregnant
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 13d

Normally I wouldn't defend the greens, because I don't like their policies, but the greens actually support back burning, and burn offs to prevent bush fires.

They don't support burning for forest regeneration purposes.

A friend of mine, whose only major flaw is that she's a member of the greens, explained the above a few weeks back.

• Not pregnant
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 13d

I'm about to go!!

Jeez!

Anyway, when are you going back to the gym? Hey?

Edited by adie