F6 Gauges And Loom Into Xr6t - Where?

ottafish

• Member For: 17y 3m

Apologies for this, probobly been asked before, but been searching for 3 days and nothing serious. I have a factory F6 twin pod gauage, loom and oil sender that I managed to piece together. What I really need to know is that supposedly the F6 loom plugs into the "Engine Sender Harness" , does this exist in the XR6T? I have wired the gauages with the factory loom, have power, now what. I'm assuming that the boost gauage will get it's info from the ECU (maybe?) as there's the sensor under the battery... The oil gauge I'm not to concerned about, but hey, if you know something, please let me know.... ANy help very much appreciated... THanks, Karl

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 5m 19d

hey did you sort this out? Ive got the loom aswell and will be attempting to install the gauges this week. So are you say the XR6T doesnt have an engine sender harness standard?

Anything I should lookout for.??

• Member For: 16y 9m 9d

I think you will find that the boost sensor on the f6 is on the intercooler(vdo type) so you will need the harness that connects to this and the oil pressure I am not sure about it could use the exsisting one but I am ority sure it has it's own sender. Just get yourself a set of cobolts insted.

the f6 boost sensor

Edited by Dagabond

• Member For: 18y 5m 19d

thanks for that. yeah ive got everything inc the loom from ford so really all I need to grab is the boost sender unit then tap it somewhere. dunno if I should do it myself as I cbf pulling the intercooler out to plug it where the fpv on goes.

that's my only prob to be honest...