Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Former MPS3 Driver!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 19d

the bit that worries me is that at idle I'm seeing up to 30L/100k's when cold.....isnt that a little excessive, I mean I expect it to run a little rich until warm, but holy sh*t that's a lot, light throttle see's figures around the 70 mark!!

• Member For: 18y 6m 6d

at the bottom of the brown [for those that don't know Brown Mountain it is the way to cross the Great Divide in southern NSW] I reset the counter and it averages 30.5 but it is a great ride to the top. Reset the counter and average 9.4 into Cooma. :stupid:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 20d

I have a 02 xr6t its manual and I cant get get more that 340 350 kms from a tank and I dont thrash thwe car every now and then ill give it first and sencond but not constantly I dont understand how and why it would waste so much my average iss 14.6 the lowest it got was 21.2 and its like I have a hole in the tank any ideas

• Member For: 19y 3m 14d
I have a 02 xr6t its manual and I cant get get more that 340 350 kms from a tank  and I dont thrash thwe car every now and then ill give it first and sencond but not constantly I dont understand how and why it would waste so much my average iss 14.6 the lowest it got was 21.2 and its like I have a hole in the tank any ideas

are you sure its filling up to 50L or so?? Might just say you're only getting that many kms but you may only be filling up with 35L or so. It's happened to me before.

I only got like 320km and it was empty, I was shattered.. filled her up and it only took like 30L or so. Instead of the usual 50L

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 5d

Though I run 20" wheels, my trip computer is so wrong...

I'm 'averaging' on the trip computer 14.8L per 100k's, but in reality when you divide the amount of fuel consumed (litres filled at the pump), I only ever fill it to the first click, by the KM's travelled it is in the mid 12's to low 13's... that is driving to and from work in traffic and general punting around, I do see the freeway for about 5 mins each morning/evening but nothing major. And might use the freeway once a weekend...

Go figure... :blink:

Jack :punchhead:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 11d
the bit that worries me is that at idle I'm seeing up to 30L/100k's when cold.....isnt that a little excessive, I mean I expect it to run a little rich until warm, but holy sh*t that's a lot, light throttle see's figures around the 70 mark!!

At idle you should see L/hour and not L/100k, and if cold it is around 3-4 L per hour. If you roll your car slowly forward say at 10km/hr, you will get a very high reading of 30-40L/100k's.

Expect 13-14 L/100k's for an auto driven reasonably in mixed traffic conditions.

I get about 420 km from 60 L of fuel, which equates to 14.3 L/100k's in mainly city driving.

• Member For: 20y 7m 28d

I think I'm about to be the thirstiest to this point of the thread.

I only drive 11km each way to/from work each day, plus some business trips around the metro area during the week. Most weekends I probably do 200-300km around the city.

My computer tells me I average 16.2l/100km. Since getting my edit & custom tune a couple of weeks back that has actually come down from 17.3. Given that I do enjoy the new found performance after the tune, I'm rapt.

At idle the computer shows litres per hour, not litres per 100km. With the aircon off it idles at about 1.5 lites per hour, with aircon on it shows about 2.1.

From standstill to 60km/hr under "normal" acceleration the consumption shoots up to around 30l/100km, but that's to be expected. An XR (or any sort) is, after all, one hell of lump of metal to get moving.

The best range I remember the computer has ever shown for a full tank is 434km, but I know that would be far more if I did a country trip because on a recent cruise doing 100km/hr on the flat the computer consistently showed around the 8.5-9l/100km.