Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 4d

The computer calculates the fuel consumption from the speed of the vehicle and the pulse rate of the injectors, so as you could imagine with larger injectors there would fewer and short pulse then with the smaller stock injectors...so the as a result the computer believes the car is consuming less fuel, which it is obviously not.

the new edit apparently can fix this problem...

Dave.

• Member For: 20y 5m 29d

I check mine from fill up to fill up and kms done,and I also have 241rwkw with injectors so 700km+ in a sedan I think is very good.

Last year I drove a na wagon to melb and avg 8.6 per 100 km sitting on 118kmh in sa and 108 in melb

• Member For: 19y 10m 6d

My stock T Auto only has 2850Km on it, and it averages nearly 13l/100k, and that's doing 80% Country cruising.

The things absolutely SUCK petrol around town. :spit:

Get the new flash Friday :spit: , dunno whether that's gunna make things better or worse.

Al

• Lemming No #5
  • Member For: 19y 10m 29d

All you T owners have it easy I reakon. I normallyl get about 300-325 k's on a tank of juice and whilst it is normally city driving and I tend to use the power on most occasions it still hurts the pocket at the servo. I would do anything to get the kind of figures the T gets :spit:

• Member For: 20y 1m 7d

The longest run I have done in my ute was up to Buedesert in south QLD then over to nerang then home to newcastle, on the trip up I had a part of a machine that weighed in at 250kg in the ute. there was alot of winding stuff near the end of the trip and the average droped a bit, but I got to Beudeasrt on a tank, 804 km by the trip meter, 72.2 lts of fuel, =8.95 lts per 100k (or 31.4mpg)

I then had to put std fuel in there was no High octane open in Buedesert when I got there.

Drove to nerang filled with BP ultimate , had my car tuned by Chiptorque, got 257.5 rwkw, did around 30km on the dyno from memory, avarage wasnt too good either :lol: then drove home in a day average speed was 112kph, fuel use was ash*t house 36 mpg.

only me and my clothes, perfect conditions, cool drizzle of rain etc, no traffic, really good run, but I was also having fun using all of the newely gained 257rwkw at every chance I got.

My around town is much the same as before th mods, 12-14lt per 100 dpending on traffic, but highway stuff is always under 10lts per 100km.

Maybe im lucky?

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 21y 3m 16d
...The best way is fill her up and divide the amount of kms you done by the amount of fuel you put it and theres your answer, let you know how close the tripmeter actually is. But it sounds like your pretty happy with the fuel consumption so that's really what counts. :thumbsup:

Shane.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is exactly the method Ive used since day one. My all-time figure is 13L/100km in Canberra traffic which isnt overly congested. Damn good economy, considering the 1700kg AND 280kW (flywh.) Ive got on tap.

• Mal Wood Automotive
  • Member For: 21y 7m 5d

I have done Two trips lately, one to the Holden/ Ford Show in Melbourne and one to the Summernats in Canberra. On the trip back from Melbourne I stayed in Shepperton overnite and drove straight back to Warwick in Queensland a distance of 1352 K. I stopped for lunch at Dubbo and filled up and then drove straight through to Warwick. I used 132 litres of Premium Fuel, and on the trip back from Canberra I got very close to the same. My ute on both trips had over 400 kg in the back, so I consider that to be a good test. In my opinion it would be very hard to find that sort of economy in almost any car or ute hauling that weight. My ute is an XR6T with a 6 speed, 3.73 diff ratio, stock engine with bigger injectors and an EXEDE. 253 rwkw. With the ute travelling at 100kph in 6th gear the engine sits on 2000 rpm which is ideal. Mal

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 20y 7m 20d

I've recently sold my ute and stepped into a 03 GT. The car is unreal, you just can't beat that sound. The only thing that :blink: 's me is the fuel range. I can only manage about 340Km per tank.

Does anyone know if there is a bigger tank available for the sedan??

:blink:

• Member For: 20y 7m 20d

Really?? :blink:

I don't thrash the car but I don't drive it slow. I've been getting about 16-17L/100Km. I'm not to worried about the fuel consumption, just the fact that I spend more time at the servo than with my girlfriend.

You only get 250km from say 55 litres. That's 22L/100km. Take your car back to Ford!!!!