Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Member For: 19y 10m 19d

I'm currently getting just over 400 km per tank....but my fuel consumption seems to be getting worse, not better!! However, that could be due to my the ever increasing heaviness of my right foot.

The reading on the trip computer is not spot on, by any means. One guy at Ford told me that he thinks it is a joke. Instead of being a reading directly related to driving, it can/is effected by other factors such as living in a hilly area. Look at the rolling fuel reading as you are going up a hill. I was doing bugger all and had the revs around 1500 and it showed 30+

• Member For: 20y 7m 10d

I had the AVG consumption reading below 8 litres/100k the other day on the highway!!

Normally I can get it down to 9. One trick is stay a little below 100k as the turbo starts to cause consumption to go up at about 2000 rpm - which is about 100kph in 4th gear in my auto.

• FPV521
  • Member For: 20y 1m 17d

I wouldnt buy one if fuel consumption is a major problem for you. Anything with 240 kw is going to be a bit thirsty but its all in how you drive it. Im sure most of the guys that own them will agree.

You can get good figures by driving conservitavely or it depends weather you live in town or country.

Doesnt worry me how much petrol it uses as its a hell of a lot of fun. I am not a wealthy person and fuel ecomomy is one of those things I just dont worry about. <_<

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 4d

well I'm currently getting around 18.6-18.9 on the dash...when I picked it up it was showing 26!!! it's only got 440km on the clock now, but it seems to be using a but more then I expected...

I'll try resetting it and see what it reads...

Dave.

• Member For: 19y 10m 14d

this isnt sounding good!

im thinking about buying one = (

I have spoken to quite a few people in the last few days and just about all said they really free up and fuel consumption comes good after about 10000ks. Anyway I love it far 2 much to be 2 concerned. In real terms around town if it uses around 18l/100k and you would be happy with 12 or 13 works out to around $25/ tank. I am quite willing to accept the trade off..... :makedeal:

• FPV521
this isnt sounding good!

im thinking about buying one = (

I have spoken to quite a few people in the last few days and just about all said they really free up and fuel consumption comes good after about 10000ks. Anyway I love it far 2 much to be 2 concerned.  In real terms around town if it uses around 18l/100k and you would be happy with 12 or 13 works out to around $25/ tank. I am quite willing to accept the trade off..... :makedeal:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Youre right, dont worry about consumption as the car is so much fun. Pity petrol prices are so high :blush:

• FPV521
I had the AVG consumption reading below 8 litres/100k the other day on the highway!!

Normally I can get it down to 9.  One trick is stay a little below 100k as the turbo starts to cause consumption to go up at about 2000 rpm - which is about 100kph in 4th gear in my auto.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried that today and you are spot on.

At 98kmh the engine is doing 1950 rpm and is showing around 9 L per 100k and at 105 kmh its doing 10-11 L per 100k.

:makedeal:

• Member For: 20y 9m 26d

Unfortunately I think your 30+ l/100 km reading on the hill is fairly accurate as the engine is having to lift nearly 2 tonnes vertically against gravity.

To prevent you worrying about the cost try visiting England where fuel is 2.5 times more expensive and when you come back you will really enjoy driving again. For each dollar you spend here you save 1.5 dollars , so you will soon be rich !

Drag is proportional to the square of the speed so you would expect a big difference between the fuel used at 95 to 105km/h

95 *95 = 9025 ie 9 litres / 100km

105 * 105 = 11025 ie 11 litres/100km