Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 9m 10d

Question for people who bought there car new, have you/are you noticing that your average fuel economy is going down?

For the first 1,000 - 1,500 k's my average fuel economy would sit around 12.5-13L and you would be doing really good if it would sit at around 12.4.

Now I'm noticing its sitting around 12-12.5L even going down to around averaging 11.5 on the drive to work (Adelaide roads at 5:30am). Even got it down to 10.6 L

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 10y 3m 12d

I've found that if you've just bought a xr or Xrt and think its fuel consumption is a bit high given that u never really no how hard previous ppl drive it the best option take battery terminal off this will reset all trip setting fuel consumption etc put a full tank in and cruse around your averages sould go to were the car is quicker then having to wait for it to come down my Xrt gets 12 lt per hundred after dooming this.

• Member For: 12y 7m 18d

I've found that if you've just bought a xr or Xrt and think its fuel consumption is a bit high given that u never really no how hard previous ppl drive it the best option take battery terminal off this will reset all trip setting fuel consumption etc put a full tank in and cruse around your averages sould go to were the car is quicker then having to wait for it to come down my Xrt gets 12 lt per hundred after dooming this.

Why wouldn't you just use the dash to reset all the trip and economy figures?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Member For: 10y 3m 12d

Because the dash trip reset only resets your trip meter not your average speed or your lph average. So if your average fuel is say 50 ks tripping reset on dash won't reset that only your trip meter will reset taking battery terminal of resets all your averages.

• Member For: 12y 7m 18d

Because the dash trip reset only resets your trip meter not your average speed or your lph average. So if your average fuel is say 50 ks tripping reset on dash won't reset that only your trip meter will reset taking battery terminal of resets all your averages.

You can reset the average speed and lph figures from the dash! I do it after every fill. Unless its just an FPV thing?

You also realise that disconnecting and reconnecting the battery also has other bad implications around the computer re-learning mixtures and driving habits. Not something I'd be doing every tank or regularly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by demon1300