Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 7m 28d

I am getting somewhere between 300 and 350 clicks per tank, have only had the car for 3 tanks worth (2012 model with 8000 on the clock) so wondering if that would be normal, it seems pretty low. Clearly it depends on the type of fuel and the lead-ness of the drivers foot but even with 95 and driving relatively sedately it still chews it. By my calculations that nowhere near the stated figures of 12L/100

If not then what could it be?

Also I have read that getting a tune can help fuel economy, by how much? And I am assuming that's all in theory because you would negate any benefit by flooring it more.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 8d

Does seem a bit thirsty..

Mine was averaging 12-13 combination city/freeway driving on 98.

Tuned to 300rwkws and still avereages the same with 1000cc injectors.

Are you working it out by the trip computer of the amount of fuel your putting in at the servo?

Does seem a bit thirsty..

Mine was averaging 12-13 combination city/freeway driving on 98.

Tuned to 300rwkws and still avereages the same with 1000cc injectors.

Are you working it out by the trip computer of the amount of fuel your putting in at the servo?

Bit of both, looking at the odo and then how much range it says is left which I know is next to useless but I am typically filling up at just on 300 with less than a quarter left which is probably good for 50 max

• Member For: 15y 9m 24d

Fuel used is the only trip computer readout that provides any accuracy. When mine reads 0 kms left I can usually only squeeze 58Ltrs in the tank. It hold 68. So there is the indication of the inaccuacy. However the fuel used vs fuel I put in is noramlly maximum of 2 ltrs out. So I always use fuel used as the true indicator of what's going on. If you believe it and I do, the normal tank range based upon about 13.5Lt mixed driving I get means there's about 500Km tank range. I'm usually looking for a servo when my car hits 450K's per tank. Mine's an FG late 2008 model.

Well I certainly do a lot of stop/start city driving. Next time I am at the servo I will take note of exactly how many litres went in and then reverse engineer from there as to potential range.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 8d

Yea definitely lower than most. Check out the fuel economy thread for others.

I get about 13.8l/100 and that's pretty accurate having worked it out manually a few times before. and I think I get about 450-500kms around town and 600-650 on the highway. and that's stock standard on 98.

I have a mate who has 320rwkw and he gets 13 flat around town (on trip computer so not sure if his is accurate) and he permanently drives with traction off and in performance so bad for economy.

I would firstly fill it right up and check odometer. Then when you fuel up note how many litres you put in and how many kms you get out. Only way to accurately tell. I found my computer was more accurate after disconnecting the battery over night.

Also you have a fairly new car with low kms so it should get a little better.

For $80 I would also chuck in a K n N filter and cut a whole in the front of your airbox as this will flow better than the paper one too

• Member For: 11y 6m 24d

God I just got 350km in the tank. But back country road driving in the evening up to the farm and a real sh*tty week helped me feel spirited....