Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Member For: 13y 3m 22d

I have a 300rwkw 6 speed manual turbo...had a custom tune...usually get 15-16l/100km around town and 8-8.5l/100km on the highway...and that's with 60lb injectors!!

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 15d

I have an '05 xr6t with 65,000 on it. Fuel consumption is about 13.5 - 14.5l/100km around town and gets down to about 10.2 on the h'way. It doesn't like any fuel other than BP Ultimate 98, is there something wrong with it??? Also, with a full tank I can't use any boost because it just feels like it's going to die until it gets down to about 3/4 of a tank then it goes back to normal. Any suggestions on why this might be?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 15d

I had a BA MKII turbo (just sold it) :( and that was 13.5 around town and between 10 & 10.5 on the highway. The full tank issue never had that I know they have issues when the fuel gets down under a 1/4. Mine had best economy on Caltex but the car ran better on ultimate.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 6d

My 2011 FG ute now has 10,500km on it and is averaging 14.3L/100, its not daily driven and barely gets on the highway for longer than 10 minutes each time its used. Pretty good if you ask me, average of 39km/h

• Member For: 12y 7m 9d

My 2012 MKII Turbo manual is averaging 13.8 after 4000km. I drive around western sydney for work and dont use highways much, although I was watching the instant economy on a trip up the hume from mittagong late at night and it was 3.8 if I remember right at 110kays on cruise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

Might have been 1° downhill with a tailwind and car was cutting throttle, hehehe. I see 5's on instant readout cruising highway but it rarely stays there for long.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 9d

My T drinks it! Best I can do going easy around town is 20L per 100klm! Don't no why! Must be a darn rich tune. On the hw I do 10.0L per 100klm. and if I flog it around town boy!!!! 26L per 100klms. These ain't instant numbers these are numbers after half a tank has been used.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 14d

Wow this is very interesting the huge differences between vehicles I run mine on E85 all the time, when I was filling up the otherday a guy rolled up with an FGXR6 Turbo ute tandem on the back towing WRX race car, he walked over to me and said "keep using the E85 from here cause I took a sample of the fuel here and got it tested it was around 90% ethanol" I said ok thanks for the headsup....ive been told that the ethanol is alot more dense, so power gains are very good but fuel consumption went out the window..... for me going from 98ron@ 13.8 l/100 to 16.9 l/100 using the E85 , so I think over winter I might put the 306rwkw tune back in and run the 98ron its easier to start in the mornings and I should get my mpg back, ohhh that's the other thing bitch to start in the mornings with the E85 :-(

• Member For: 13y 8m 28d

2007 bf mk2 113000k averaging 12.2 L/100 right now with 60% highway 40% town, and few squirts here and there. usually getting around 460k per tank on bp 98

also not sure if they changed my fuel filter last service, might look into that.

Edited by Psychotiq