Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Member For: 17y 7m 10d

Guys, EVERYTIME the missus goes and fills up the car it says 420k's till empty.

I gave it a Oil Change and replaced the O2 Sensor and went and filled it up as it was down to 40k's left.

Straight away it went to 530k's to empty.

Will be interested to see what we get on this first tank after I replaced the sensor.

Cheers

James

• Banned
  • Member For: 15y 3m 3d

I drove to work and back today and yesterday in D. city driving and traffic. Got up to 19.3km/100 yesterday and 19.4km/100.

Looks like ill go back to manual shifting.

• Member For: 13y 11m 24d

Have just done 3000 km. in my XR50T. Cruise controlled run back from Geelong. 6.8 l/100 km. Absolutely amazing for a car that spins up at 95 on damp roads. I'm having my cake and eating it too. The car is just magical.

• Member For: 14y 2m 4d

Have just done 3000 km. in my XR50T. Cruise controlled run back from Geelong. 6.8 l/100 km. Absolutely amazing for a car that spins up at 95 on damp roads. I'm having my cake and eating it too. The car is just magical.

Is this real or off the trip computer?

• Member For: 13y 11m 24d

Just off the trip computer. However, it seems pretty accurate. It was also a very easy run. The car is only doing about 1500-1600 rpm on a flat road at a constant speed. The usual use sees about 10-12 l / 100 km. I think that's still fantastic as that includes a lot of commuting to the city in heavy traffic. I have had smaller cars , recent model Volvos....don't laugh, and they were barely any better. A friend has a C200 Mercedes that uses more fuel and is woefully boring to drive. It's a pity that Australians haven't woken up to how good our local cars have become.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 22d

Just off the trip computer. However, it seems pretty accurate. It was also a very easy run. The car is only doing about 1500-1600 rpm on a flat road at a constant speed. The usual use sees about 10-12 l / 100 km. I think that's still fantastic as that includes a lot of commuting to the city in heavy traffic. I have had smaller cars , recent model Volvos....don't laugh, and they were barely any better. A friend has a C200 Mercedes that uses more fuel and is woefully boring to drive. It's a pity that Australians haven't woken up to how good our local cars have become.

Hmmm, are you sure somebody hasn't stolen the turbo from under the bonnet? :sleepystuff: My G6ET cannot manage less than 16l/100k in city traffic and I am not a pedal masher.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 26d

Some more info to add. I've been calculating my fuel use vs trip meter in my modified BFII lately. Quick listing:

Fills done to the first click, trip meter reset to 0. Fill to first click again.

368.5km - 44.6L - trip meter says: 10.2 Actual = 8.26

166km - 20.71L - trip meter says: 10.3 Actual = 8.02

167km - 28L - Actual = 5.96 (didn't write down the trip meter here)

These are on highway cruises (100km/h) with a few traffic lights, and some hill driving at 80km/h.

If I put my foot down it's not nearly as good of course :sleepystuff:

• Member For: 14y 7d
Manual 06 BF xr6T ----> 19L/100KM minimum(no hwy driving)

Seems a lot higher than everyone else.. any one know possible reasons why? It's stock.

Apart from driving it hard - slowed it down last week and still getting 19L :(

I just bought a BA XR6T Auto & have filled it twice, using Shell V-power(98octane). Commute to work takes 15 mins each way, fair bit of stop & start....driving it light footed with a squirt maybe once or twice a day & averaging 19.3L/100km9on trip comp)....Not happy jan! I just filled up & dumped 54.5 litres that got me 290km(works out at 18.8L/100km). I'd hate to see what I'd get if I was flogging it everywhere :(

One question: Noticed some people on this thread are claiming its more fuel efficient when using the tiptronic to change gears rather than just in "D".....any truth to this & why? I would think changing gears at lower revs(by leaving it in "D" = lower fuel consumption?