Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Member For: 15y 8m 21d

You could always reset it and start again? :tonguepoke:

Got 8.9 over xmas doing highway kms...don't bother looking at it for city driving though :roflmbo:

Especially when you see a bloke in a VE SS ute(today) sitting in the left turning lane but planning on going straight by jumping traffic at the lights then merging. He would have gone 8-10 cars to get to the front, then saw me next to him and realised I was never going to let him do it.... and I didn't. :-)

• Member For: 14y 5m 9d

Finally got the chance to take my XR6 turbo for a good run. Previously I owned the FG XR6 ute which did several runs up and down the coast road from Brisbane to Townsville. Thanks to a new addition to my family I had to upgrade, and I just couldn’t help myself but get a FG XR6T.

STOCK – till September this year when I have time to do some mods and tune.

Breeze Green

18inch, with the 6 speed Auto.

Trip from Townsville to Brisbane than back again.

With a fully loaded car (300kg extra stuffed into it) of baby stuff and some work gear we set out for the drive. To keep things the same I kept the climate control on the same settings the whole time.

Trip Down.

Used Shell 95 octane fuel… (what I normally use)

Average was 8.6L/100

Average from Gympie to Bris was 7.8L/100 (115kmph cruze – ROCK ON)

Trip Up

Used Shell 91 octane fuel (bit sluggish on take offs)

Average was 8.6L/100. (and we took more stuff home than what we brought down)

I’m a bit pissed that the more expensive octane fuel didn’t deliver the K’s I wanted.

I managed to get bris to rocky – 1st fuel stop. Rocky to Townsville. Only one fuel stop makes the drive so much quicker..

1336km. trip with 8.6L/100 is great going. I did get 8.5 when I sat on the 113km in the 110 zone outside Rocky.

The fuel consumption is great. Even working out the figures by the pump, going off the fuel used setting on the dash, I could put only a bit more in according to the fuel pump. Total fuel used for the trips was almost the same. 114L and 116L. Not bad considering the trip actually is 3km longer coming down. (TRUE FACT)

Got another trip in July, this time I’m taking my trailer. Should be interesting to see what fuel consumption I get then. Anyhow I’m happy that the FG turbo sedan uses less fuel highway driving than my FG non-turbo ute did.

Dave

• Member For: 14y 9m 6d

IMG00017-20100108-1817.jpg

Might have to give it more sh*t at this rate.....9.7 is awesome if this is correct

LOL @ Cruise 179km/h.

My Avg Economy currently reads 10.5L/100km and the Range when full is around 633kms.

I've seen the Range drop to around 2kms before, did about 585kms during that tank then went to fill up and I could only manage to fill around 60L in.

I do 70/30 city/highway cycle and get anywhere between 9.9-10.5L/100km going by the trip meter and the bowser.

post-38482-127109513059_thumb.jpg

Edited by prudent

• Member For: 14y 11m 14d

I'm the same as the above posts, the trip meter says 16.5, but after working it out last tank was 11.9l/100 towing the motorbike + trailer+ gear+ eskie (full of course) up to Bonnie Doon. Car has 320 odd rwkw, 2500 stall. I was quite surprised, although this tank is shaping up to be around 15l/100 :spoton:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 6m 20d

Hey guys,

I recently bought an 03' BA XR6 turbo and love it. Iv done about 500km since and I cant seem to get the average fuel consumption any lower then 17.xxL/km ( its been up around 18.5). I know what your thinking, that iv been giving it alot since I just got it but I can honestly say that iv been taking it pretty easy to see what sort of consumption it gets with different driving (there have been a few hits ofcourse but nothing crazy).

I live in the inner west of sydney so its not really city driving but neither is it highway. There is abit of stop/start for traffic lights but also alot of residential streets, aswell as 60,70 and 80 zones. Is this sort of consumption normal or a little high? Iv been reading through threads and have seen ppl report 12's and 13's, so I thought it might be abit high. Its got 84 000km and is an auto.

Fuel onsumption isnt really a great worry as I knew it was a performance car and wouldnt be the best when I bought it but I wana know if it is a little high as I want it running just right. Im looking at getting a custom tune done in the near future which I beleive could help.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 6m 20d

hey, yeh mate iv reset it all.Im averaging around 17ish now. My average Km/h is only 29-30km/h though so that's my problem I think lol mainly just suburban driving and that. Im guna clean out the carby this week as well as the Actuator solenoid to see f that makes a difference (plus make it run even nicer)

cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 11d

I've recently bought an auto bf2 turbo & im getting high 12's low 13's, 60/40 city/highway driving, using the trip meter. I'm happy with that figure.

it gets a bit of squirt every now and then too.

Edited by tab
Quote removed