Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Member For: 16y 4m 22d
I'm still only getting 320-340 per tank, and around 17/100, sumit must be wrongs me tinkin'

What kind of mods do you have? Im averaging 23l/100. that's a combo of around town n on the freeway. But it does have a 3700 stally!! :cry:

• Member For: 15y 8m 4d

Just did Canberra to Seven Hills, Sydney, and back.

640 K's all up. It says that I still have a Range of 160 K's.

I have a FG XR6T ute with just over 2000 K's on it.

Averaging 13.6L/100 K's since I've had it.

Couldn't be happier.

Brownsnakes

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 13d

Hi all,

I just sold my VY SV8. I'm driving a BF loaner while I wait for my FG XR6T towards then end of the week.

The SV8 gave 13's L / 100 kms around Sydney with careful driving using Shell V-Power. The economy seemed to drop off a tad with other brands. It dropped off HEAPS with E10. E10 has to be significantly cheaper to break even.

I will be interested to see what sort of economy I can get out of the FG. I want suss out economy using V-Power vs the rest.

No - I don't work for Shell. Maybe there's something in advertising. Looking back over the years, I've always used the oils that supported the HDT. Ooops. Wrong forum for that comment? Not to worry - Brocky's mate Craig has scored a hat trick after signing up with Ford. Only a dog offers unconditional loyalty when there's a better mouse trap to be had. I know - that's a a mixed metaphor, but we can burn that bridge when we come to it.

PAH

• Member For: 16y 6m 12d

worked out the economy of my ute over its whole life so far (20k km's) and it came out to about 9.2l/100km... gotta be happy with that.

• Member For: 16y 4m 7d

Hi guys,

My car use to run mid 18lt/100Km but then I added a few mods and now my fuel consumption has actually dropped to mid 13s. my driving maining consists of stop and starts but as soon as I go on the Hwy it drops to even lower. I think the fuel you use plays a pretty big part as well because I went from using 95 to 98 when I got the mods done and it changed ALOT. I get alot more from a full tank, and I dont drive like a nana either!!

:bowdown:

• Member For: 15y 7m 24d

Hi, I got 06 Bf2 Xr6T, had it 2 weeks...trip com says 11.8L/100.....went through my first tank yesterday...been giving it heaps...all standard apart frm new K&N filter got 14L/100 by the pum and klms traveled..not too bad...but going to test it at willowbank tomorrow night.........70l/100 I bet....lol

• Member For: 18y 3m 7d

I been driving mine what I would say - in the middle of light and hard, and I have gotten 360km out of a FULL tank with 40km dte.

average fuel by the meter is 15.9L per 100km.

is this normal?

it seems like its chewing through it, but I will fill it up tomorrow or sat (if I dont drive it tomorrow) and see how much I put in and do the math.

• Member For: 15y 10m 16d
I been driving mine what I would say - in the middle of light and hard, and I have gotten 360km out of a FULL tank with 40km dte.

average fuel by the meter is 15.9L per 100km.

is this normal?

it seems like its chewing through it, but I will fill it up tomorrow or sat (if I dont drive it tomorrow) and see how much I put in and do the math.

that sounds almost identical to me...and I got an NA :stickpoke:

• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 16y 22d

I have a 03 ba xr6t and if I drive at speed limit and dont boost it above about 2 psi I can get 11.00/100 but if I drive it normally ie bit of fun mostly sedately it runs at 13/100 if I drive it like a nut I can only get about 16/100 (btw it is stock cept for a k&n filter but it has done 143000 so maybe its just really free lol)

Edited by Ace

• 2 weeks later...