Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• disgruntled member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
ba2 typhoon is getting 20.4L/100km bahahaha love the boost!

your crazy lol

im on 16.4l/100km and I hate it, I need a tune

• Member For: 16y 2m 16d

The boss let me get a FG XR6T with ZF auto about 1 month ago. I've clocked up 2000k's and the first 900 was mostly stop start and with the occasional squirt. It managed 17.2l/100 up to that point. From there I have done 80% highway k's and the average economy is now down to 12.2l/100. I think the highway work at this early stage would be around high 9's but still early days. Enjoying the torque and kw of the T engine after having a FWD Aurion for 18 months :lookaround: . Ford build quality not as good, fun factor is in a different post code though. :secret:

• Member For: 16y 3m 10d

This is funny, My Running in Notes:

Average overall until 1800k's 10.9 lph. Just work and back.

One track day averaging at 38.9 lph.

Reset and back to normal day after , now at 3000k's

Average overall 10.1 lph since reset, and goes like a jet by itself, no throttle effort involved , that's 700 klm's a tank boys .

Id say does them good to clean them out on the inside :beerchug:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 23d

:idunno:

Hi Guys

I've had my FG XR6T just over 4 months and 7100Km in the clock

My average is 12.2kms per 100 50% suburbs 50% freeways. Since I’ve had the car I’ve been trying different fuels to see what’s the most kms I can get.

And I think BP Ultimate is the best fuel.

Also I’ve noticed that it only costs me between $70- $80 to fill up the tank with 98 at 45-48 litres then I realised that when you get down to 80kms on the range and the reserve warning goes off, there still 19 litres of fuel in the tank.

• Member For: 16y 7m 2d

mine was sitting at about 12.4 per 100 (that was from about 2800-3500(saturday)) but since saturday when I got it on the dyno (pulled 238.9) it has gone down to 12 (so I assume its got to be getting under 12 to pull the avg. down.)

BTW my driving is probably about 20% hwy (not normally flat hwy mind you) 80% semi-city (around the ACT ... I wouldnt really call it city, nothing like melbourne or sydney city driving) and I quite often give it a poke... cause whats the point of having all that power if your not going to use it :D all on caltex vortex 95 fuel.

cant wait to see how the econ will go after I get a tune.

here is the dyno sheet to show the very average AFR's

18102008119.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FatBAt
  • Guests

The best my son's '03 Fairmont (standard 6) achieves is 16 litres / 100lkms on a 1000ks city driving. I had Ford do a diagnostic test on it and it turned out to be the TPS switch & cam position sensor. His car surges too under load at low speeds

Mine has over 270kw at wheels achieving 14 litres / 100 klms so definately a prob with my son's car

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 28d

Drove to Bairnsdale over the weekend - on the flat was getting between low 7's and low 8's lt/100km up hill was pushing into low to mid teens then on the down hill I got as low as 3.4lt/100km mind you the down hills are never as often as the up hills lol. Stuck to the limit the entire way never went above 110km 6th gear rev between 1800-2000 with cruise on felt like I was doin about 70-80kph just takin it nice and easy. :tonguepoke: