Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 15d
that's about what I got when I had my NA

Me too, the N/A and the T have always been the same. Freaky how similar but it never changes.

And $100.16 at the pump earlier today. I feel so blessed for the first time cracking $100.

I.B.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 24d

Done just under 400km's in mine mostly city stop and start and running @ 14.4.

Would be interesting to hear whether people are using 98 or 95 as this will effect usage as well.

• Member For: 17y 8m 3d

they are gonna use a pretty similar amount of fuel to the B series... its almost the exact same engine and size/weight/shape afterall... maybe VERY slight improvments but BY FAR the biggest influence is how you drive it... there aint no smoke and mirrors people...

• Member For: 16y 6m 2d

Hey guys, I did a run of about 100kms today with all trip computer reset to see my fuel consumption. 80% freeway - 20% stop start and I returned a 9.5 litres per 100km. on the free way I was on 8.1l per 100 average. To be honest I was babying it but still good results for a car that has only done 800km's.

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

Hi everyone.

Went away for a few days last week down to Paynesville (Near Lakes Entrance). About 325ks from Melbourne.

Filled up the night before and reset the trip computer. Hit a bit of peak hour traffice on the way into and through the city from Werribee at 6 am, but then around Springvale Road it thinned out.

On the trip down I got the XRT (10,000ks on the ODO) down to 9.2l per 100K.

On the way back we got it down to 8.6. (WOO HOO)

All you doubters out there, no I didn't switch it off on down hill sections. Yes I took it easy but I set the cruise to about 103 and there is a fair stretch of 110 along there and it isn't all flat either. I did put the boot in when I needed to overtake and I did have 3 kids and a boot load of gear.

On the trip down and part of the trip back we managed around 670ks out of the tank. With my previous NA XR6 BA I NEVER got more than 550 out of a tank even on a country run.

I am EXTREMELY impressed by this. My mate has an SV6 Commowhore and he got 9.1 on the same trip down but then I have an extra 50 or so KW, so I'm more than happy.

• Member For: 17y 6m 1d
Went away for a few days last week down to Paynesville (Near Lakes Entrance). About 325ks from Melbourne.

You went to Paynesville???!! Why ever would you do that? :furious:

Hehe, I lived in paynesville for 5 years! Cant imagine why anyone would drive all the way from Melbourne to go there! Good fuel economy anyway. I took my 9 month old, ~24000 km XR T for a 400km round trip in the country today. I managed an average of 10.9, but that was with cruise set to 125kph and frequent overtaking....

Next time I run over the nullarbor, I would like to see low 9s or even 8s would be nice...

Cheers,

Michael

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

Friends of friends down their run a camp during school times and we just went down for a few days to catch up. Weather was crap but it was my first big outing for about 3 years.