Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Member For: 19y 11m 8d
I average 14L / 100k's in the city, bumper to bumper sh*tty Melbourne traffic.

Edit and drilled injectors.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fark, 14l/100k's - I dont have an edit and I get 20+.

By my math, a $1000 edit would pay for itself in about 50 weeks.

I gotta do it, now where to find a grand, what can I sell........... :sleepystuff:

• Member For: 20y 4m 26d

Hi Bryce, I average between 9.8 and 10.5 on the hiway, and about 15 around town.

my town driving has some 80k driving, and if I did not have that it would look real bad.

but I do find it depends how I drive around town, and also how many 80 k runs you do, (or if it is all stop start trafic, and then the odd sink the boot in, it can blow out a fair bit.

when I come down I will check the afr, at idle, cruise, and normal trafic driving, if they show up ok, it will just be the wieght of the car, + the odd strap, now you have a bit of power, can drink at a fair rate.

David

• Member For: 19y 11m 29d

The best I can get is just over 500kms around town and the worst I got was about 390kms, 650kms on a long trip, that's after modifications.

If you can drive it easer, you should be getting better fuel economy, because you have more power! :sick:

Average fuel economies when my Ute was stock- 470kms, modified- 490kms and I still give it a bit.

It must be the tune, the usage at the wost should be 17-18L/100, and you still have standard injectors.

Try a tune from someone Who nose their stuff, forget Ford, this would be the best way to check, compare from other people’s comments and fuel consumption.

:fool:

Hi Bryce, I average between 9.8 and 10.5 on the hiway, and about 15 around town.

my town driving has some 80k driving, and if I did not have that it would look real bad.

but I do find it depends how I drive around town, and also how many 80 k runs you do, (or if it is all stop start trafic, and then the odd sink the boot in, it can blow out a fair bit.

when I come down I will check the afr, at idle, cruise, and normal trafic driving, if they show up ok, it will just be the wieght of the car, + the odd strap, now you have a bit of power, can drink at a fair rate.

David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dave if you could put the afr meter on again youll also be able to compare it with last time you checked them you will find bryce's on cruise was .99lambda/14.6afr last I checked it let me know the outcome! thanks!

• Member For: 20y 4m 26d

David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dave if you could put the afr meter on again youll also be able to compare it with last time you checked them you will find bryce's on cruise was .99lambda/14.6afr last I checked it let me know the outcome! thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep good as done.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 19y 2m 5d

I have been averaging about 240km's city driving on a full tank after custom tune, injectors, full exhaust and 2nd CAI.

What is the norm after this level of tuning?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 19d

I have worked my turbo out to be an average of 13lt per 100km's.

Got 15lt though out of the last tank full with flogging it around everywhere!

Brett