Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Member For: 20y 9m 26d

Gavin I think you will find that the formula of squaring the speed will hold fairly well above 80km/h.

At slow speeds other losses will make a big difference and economy is normally best at around 80- 90 km/h in top gear.

I think at 150 km/h 22.5 l/100km would be about right and at 200km/h you would be close to 40l/100km.

I dont have an XR6T but could some one who has been at these speeds (on a private road or track) post their results. Get a passenger to check the readout once you have stopped accelerating and have held the speed for a short while.

9 l/100km at 95km/h is approximately correct so even if the units are wrong as we are working with ratios the formula will work above 80km/h.

• Member For: 20y 11m 20d
Buy a Prius if you really care how much fuel it uses - gotta have it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree,

Why buy a turbo and quible about the fuel consumption. If you have to think about the fuel consumption every time you hit the accelerator, then buy something else.

Economy is inversly proportional to fun.

I have a lot of fun, some months my fuelcard account shows 20l/100km

Forget about the economy and enjoy your car.

• Member For: 19y 11m 28d

Can any one coment on fuel economy from a stock ute to a phase 2 aps kit., Im getting avg 16L/100 around town, 700kms to a tank when I drove to melbourne and it shoots up over 20L/100 when I cain it- well you get that on the Ts.

The aps gear should help with fuel economy, so I have been told if you drive it normal, but would like to hear it 1st hand?

:blink:

• Member For: 20y 10m

I found that at 100kph I will get 10l/100ks

150kph.............14/100ks

160kph..............15100ks

I Know this from a 1600klm run in country wa with the cruise control on .(bog standartd xr6t with 3000ks on clock )

Dave

• Member For: 20y 9m 26d

that's a bit better fuel consumption than I predicted at speed. Other constant losses must be the important factor.

At 100 km/h you got 10l/100km

so at 150 km/h 22.5l of fuel would be used in the same time but as 150 km is covered we divide by 1.5 and get 15l/100 to reality of 14l/100km

so at 160 km/h 25.6l of fuel would be used in the same time but as 160 km is covered we divide by 1.6 and get 16l/100 to reality of 15l/100km

I am glad you got 10l /100km at 100km/h as it makes the maths much easier!!!

Sorry in my previous post I meant to say :-

I think at 150 km/h 22.5 l/150km would be about right and at 200km/h you would be close to 40l/200km.

Edited by colbourne

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 20y 4m 3d

I recall seeing a thread which took the pi$$ out of a Monaro's fuel consumption and showed a photo of its 'Range to Empty' reading on the dash readout with a full tank showing less than 400km.

Just got back from 3500km trip ACT-QLD-ACT using Newell Highway, New England and Oxley and when I filled up after the last leg take a look at the photo (attached) which shows the Range to Empty reading at 809km!!

Now remember that is with APS Phase II fitted (and used!) and .

Well done the T and Peter at APS....270RWKW and economy to match (average with about 400km of City stuff was 10.8l/100km actual not indicated).

Dingah

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 20y 4m 3d

Oh ye of little faith!

When the photo was taken I had just refilled and had a little over 1/4 of a tank remaining prior to the refill with the trip mileage shown on the right completed - so I would expect to get close and that was not only highway driving either.

Dingah

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 1d

Dingah, great result and I dont mean to shoot you down, but my understanding is that once injectors are changed, all your trip/ fuel figures are no longer accurate <_<

Could be wrong...