Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• fordxr5turbodotcom
  • Member For: 21y 12d

If I drive like a Grandma I get over 600kms on my tank to and from work...

Can someone explain why I only get 520-550kms lately? ;)

umm it's the hot weather... yer, that's is... :lol:

• FPV521
  • Member For: 20y 1m 17d
I can only manage between 350-400k's out of a tank...mind you I think I have a problem with my right foot... :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yip I am the same as you. I have a problem with my right foot. Just thought I would drive a bit more conservative the other day and was pleased with the result. Didnt drive like a nana but didnt boot it at every oppurtunity like I normally do. :spoton:

• Member For: 21y 4m 4d

CUt a gaping big hole in the front of your airbox and stick an XR8 norkle in there, you'll see the numbers drop to 11s or 12s. If you shift before 2000rpm and use the 4.0 torque you'll use even less, but take ages to get to where your going LOL! :lol:

• Member For: 21y 6m
I can only manage between 350-400k's out of a tank...mind you I think I have a problem with my right foot... :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jeez, Id be happy with that. I normally get around 260km per tank of Mobil 8000. All city driving. And hard.

Although lately I reckon Its closer to 230. Pretty big drop off a week or two ago. Coming due for its 30k service so maybe that will improve things a little.

Thankfully I dont pay any extra if I use lots of fuel!

One thing I have noticed since new is the excellent highway economy if you want it to. I often see 8l/100km when driving sedately. (Which isnt exactly very often...)

• The Best Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 13d

I'm not too sure, but I'd say about 400-450km on a tank depending on how hard I drive the car. But a lot of people on here have said they can travel quite a distance with the Distance To Empty reading 0, so I'd probably be able to do more before I actually ran out of petrol.

• Member For: 20y 2m 4d
I'm not too sure, but I'd say about 400-450km on a tank depending on how hard I drive the car. But a lot of people on here have said they can travel quite a distance with the Distance To Empty reading 0, so I'd probably be able to do more before I actually ran out of petrol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, has any one seen a Vixen (Red) Typhoon?? And you know the writing on the side, is it still Red And how good does it look and would you change the color and what to? And can any one get a picture of a red one ?

post-5009-1102475923_thumb.jpg