Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

I'm at a servo twice a week, once to top up and one to fill up.

Gotta be ready to rock at all times, you just know there will be something worth cooking on your Barra if you get too low on fuel to give it stick.  

#NoSurgeTankLyf

• Like 1

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 12y 4m 23d

Woah your guys fuel use is insane

On e85 towing a small trailer with a Barra engine in it I averaged 12.9 from Canberra to budgewoi

On e10 on the highway I'm in the 9s easy

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 30d

My consumption lately 20L/100km and it loves it however the o2 sensor threw a code for being 'slow' a week or two ago and it hasn't come back since but I think I might change it anyway. I'll try and report back on that one as I would tend to think its a waste of money to replace it if its not throwing a code. Black soot on exhaust tips tells me it runs a lil rich though.

I remember my old BA T had a cracked housing or something but that was a case of tightening the bolts and within 100km sh*t was loose again, I complained about fuel economy on that car as it was quite bad especially being mostly stock....but accelerator pedal to the floor often.

On the highway at 100 I get good economy it's just most of my driving lately is only in 70 zones max.

For some reason the novelty must not have worn off as I enjoy filling this car up with 98 octane. I love how WA has fuelwatch as I'm still stingy with money. I've been going to shell and BP. Not sure if either of them have the better fuel but last night BP was cheaper :P

I have a work car so sometimes don't drive this more than 100km in a whole week

• Donating Members
23 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Woah your guys fuel use is insane

On e85 towing a small trailer with a Barra engine in it I averaged 12.9 from Canberra to budgewoi

On e10 on the highway I'm in the 9s easy

I get great highway economy too.  Have had DTE read 600+kms.

Usage always seems to spike around traffic lights and on ramps though, it's inexplicable.

Edited by -Stever-
  • Like 1

• Donating Members

Factory fault that got swept under the rug!

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 8y 1m 20d
On 04/07/2008 at 8:28 PM, My name is Mud said:

I have had mine for 8 days and have done 1900KMs, im running at 12.7l/100kms. I have manual and have done a mixture of driving down the gold coast from brisbane and also too toowoomba a couple of times the rest has been around the city. I drove it pretty hard for the first 1000km but have been taking it a bit easier lately.

Hi, I was wondering I just bought my first ever FG xr6T and loving it. Have you had issues with the Transmission cooler or changed it? Also have you heard or done anything about the oil line feeder to the Turbo, apparently it can clog up, I have no full previous history to the car so I'm not sure whats been done. I did change or upgraded the Transmission cooler for air to oil. Cheers.