Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

Fixing my timing chain being out by one tooth gave me back at least 50km per tank more range, was hitting 400 to 450 before, now up to 500 without trying. Mix of 70% highway and 30% peak hour, roughly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 5m 14d

My 2009 Auto 6spd FG XR6T has 40,000km. Around town I have to be lead footed to get above 13's. On the highway it's fantastic, one recent 1400km return trip Brisbane - Tamworth and back in a day resulted in 8.9 (with ac on the whole way) Other trips down the less hilly Pacific Highway it has got down to 8.1.These trips all with the cruise control set +- 10% of the speed limit. On the highway I like to use the rolling accelleration, Love and use the 80-120km overtaking accelleration. All on 95 octane fuel.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 8d

Remember some people state what their computer tells them, others measure it manually to get an accurate gauge.

And pantha for $80 you can buy a K n N filter, then cut a whole in the front of your airbox and the increased flow should help with fuel consumption

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 9m 17d

Remember some people state what their computer tells them, others measure it manually to get an accurate gauge.

And pantha for $80 you can buy a K n N filter, then cut a whole in the front of your airbox and the increased flow should help with fuel consumption

Interesting! What kind of fuel consumption improvements should I be expecting though?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 23d

I just did a 2000km round trip to melbourne from western sydney in the g6et and on the way down with cruise set at 115 - 120km/h no a/c and trip computer said 8.8 but on real numbers 9.1. On the way back and a bit of running around melb and having a herrod cai fitted and running a/c half the trip at 115-120km/h the trip computer said 8.7 but real number was 9.0. running 98 and 40psi in the tyres. im very happy with this being a large car with a big 6 and a turbo charger....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 8d

Interesting! What kind of fuel consumption improvements should I be expecting though?

I don't think there's really a set figure, just depends on driving style etc. On about 5 cars that me and my old man have done this we've seen between 50 and 100km per tank more. Every car ill be different though.

Haha.. I've seen 3 or 4 L per 100 different when measuring at bowser compared to the trip computer..

Yea my trip comp was reading 2L per 100 less than what I was actually getting lol. Disconnected the battery and reconnected and it reads pretty close now, within .5l

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m 11d

Have about 400rkw. Around town I average 350-400km and on highway around 550 km. I rarely flog it and mostly drive it like normal people. :sungum:

• 2 weeks later...