Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 24d

Sorry, my total drive, to work is 4.5km. I live 2 blocks from a main road, which my work is also located on, so once I'm on that road the only thing stopping me is 5 sets of lights.

All pretty flat too.

^buy a push bike!

this ^

dave you live waaay to close to your work

not good for your car at all!!!

• Member For: 12y 5m 26d

My run to work is short aswell...probably under 5kms. Engine will get up to temp just as I get to work. I manage to stay off boost though. However my fuel consumption is still up at 20-24L/100kms...

I am actually looking at getting a DRZ-400 to run around on when its not raining etc, which should be stacks cheaper!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 10d

I had a DRZ400SM, awesome fun bike, way more enjoyable than the K5 GSXR600 it replaced for on the street and commuting.

I go off my aftermarket temp gauge, which keeps rising after the factory gauge has settled.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y

2008 FG XR6T stock standard! Average 9L/100kms on highway (griffith to Canberra) and sitting on around 14L/100kms around Canberra, plenty of traffic lights but not much traffic to deal with. Probably going to do O2 sensor(s) but can't complain because it gets better fuel consumption than my BA NA XR6 that had a custom intake with K n N. Oh and it had 90kw less lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 8m 25d

I have a BF XR6t 6sp manual and I am only getting 350kms to the tank. I have only added a k&n filter and typhoon snorkel. Would getting a custom tune improve my fuel economy. Most of my driving is during peak city time. I was thinking of taking it to Xtreme ford tuning.