Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Ford Nub
  • Member For: 13y 6m 12d

BA MKII guessing around 260kw at the fly , average 12.8L P/100Km ,appprox 60Km highway driving per day. Then picking up kids from school and footy training.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 3m 20d

Well when mine was stock (about a week ago) it averaged about 17.3 and now with some mods and tune I have seen figures of about 14.5 - 15.3 city diving and about 10.8 with a little bit of freeway usage.

I can't believe it's using less fuel with the mod I have...and yes I drive it with a bit of oomph most of the time.

Which mods and tune if you don't mind me asking? I need to do soemthing about my consumption. My average is off the charts now. I hit 22.9/100 last week and now it's settled down to 18.1/100 all this week.

I don't know what's going on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 7m 28d

Dude that's an insane fuel usage!!! Unless your running in a new motor or you drive a 1/4 mile at a time...? Is your car stock?

I have the tunehouse stage3 kit: PW intercooler & piping, 4" dump + full zorst, modded turbo + wastegate, injectors, PW surgetank, cold air box etc.

My latest L/100K'S was 8.4 on a trip at the easter holiday from sydney to port macquarie and back with 3 adults + luggage and 4 cartons of beer!....

This was on the "street tune" wich is about 370 - 375rwkw, 90-110kph most of the way, but I dont think the 400rwkw tune would be much different on the open road...

Back in the city this has gone up to 11.7 with some fast takeoffs from the lights but mostly pussyfooting around. I expect this will go back up to about 14.7 - 15L/100K'S in time.

Still not so bad considering the grunt this thing has. PS mine is the zf auto

Edited by RHR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 23d

@ psycho snail - that sounds like an oxygen sensor issue mate, get it checked (need to stick a sniffer up the pipe). If the O2 sensor is knackered the ECU will richen the mixture by default (generally).

btw my BA2 6 speed (306kw & 1009NM at the tread) will do 900ks on a tank (North Melb to Loch Sport return) and 450ks around town giving it a bit of a squirt here and there. Average consumption last 10,000 is 12.8.

Edited by RHR

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m

Hey every im newbie to the forum,

Got an September 2010 Fg XR50 Turbo Auto Sedan, did a long drive from gold coast to hervey bay and back nearly on 1 full tank Got 715kms and low 9 litres per 100km I think? and had 1500km on the odometer at the time, with air con and some occasional heavy throttle,christmas holiday traffic also managaed to hose some bogan in a farely modified VL turbo lol.

Dont know what she gets now I never fill the tank up for weight reduction and to tempting not to put the throttle down.