Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 9d

Hi,

Picked up my XR50T in November and since the beginning of December I have been using an iPhone app called GasCubby to track my fuel usage and servicing.

So far round town I average anywhere from 14.2 to 15.5 (even clocked up the occasional 16L/100 just before Christmas where I never touched a freeway and got stuck numerous times in some very heavy Pre Christmas traffic).

Normally around town equated to driving to work which is around 10 minutes (no freeway), driving around Melbourne with the occasional freeway run.

Will watch with interest to see if my fuel usage changes at all now that I have fitted an XR8 air box and snorkel,

I think mine has got worse with the V8 snork and box - still to confirm. Have spoken to my tuner about it who tuned it with the OEM air box and he thinks it should'nt make a difference. However, I use a car bra on trips which blocks the flow a bit so who knows. It will be going in soon for cooler swap and retune so will check AFR's etc then. Keen to see your results. Best ever was 8.3 but that was feathering the throttle and getting sucked along by a truck for a bit! I normally get around 9.5ish on a run (bra on) with a few sharp WOT runs (mainly passing HSV's - he he) thrown in.

• Member For: 13y 7m 26d

Mine is a stock 2010 FG XR6T, Manual, 4000kms. And I was averaging 16-18/100 when I picked her up.

Now its around 10.5-11.5/100..Even if I give it a squirt here and there.

• Member For: 13y 7m 28d

Well when mine was stock (about a week ago) it averaged about 17.3 and now with some mods and tune I have seen figures of about 14.5 - 15.3 city diving and about 10.8 with a little bit of freeway usage.

I can't believe it's using less fuel with the mod I have...and yes I drive it with a bit of oomph most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 9d

Set a new PB today. 8.2 average on a trip. Gold Coast to Willowbank raceway - 26 deg day and car bra on :spoton: For a car with over 350rwhp man that's awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 3m

Averaging 11.9 litres to the 100klms, ave speed 44kmh 2007 mk2 manual. Stock but a fitted a KN and did an airbox mod using the top section of a 5 litre SS airbox. Cut a circular hole in front airbox with a nice tight fit then cut to length so it would only pick cold air running from behind headlight. Far greater intake area than F6 snorkel and you would never know its there.Cheers

• Member For: 14y 2m 23d

cruised up to newcastle from melbourne, averaging 850 - 870 k's per tank! with 325rwkw pretty good I thought!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

BA MkII ute

322rwkw 6spd manual getting high 15's for general commuting. I cant be positive as it was a few years ago but im pretty sure my similarly powered BA sedan with an auto averaged high 12's. Its going in for a tune check soon so a slight adjustment may help

• Member For: 14y 9d

290rwkw and average around 17-18l/100km around town A-B v.short trips etc. 10-11L/100km on the highway. (BF MK2 Auto).

Oh yeah and that's at 63cents/perL :buttrock: (Brisbane LPG Prices)

• Member For: 13y 9m 3d

My bf with 288rwkw averages 14.9 L/100km avg speed 32km sydney driving.

Cruising back from canberra @ 115km on cruise control, was averaging

8.7L/100km.

• Like 1