Fuel Consumption (merged topic)

Djelibeybi

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 29d

Current consumptions after four weeks without resetting is 11.3L on my zf fg.

Mix of city and highway driving but id say mainly highway as my avg speed is 51km/h!

Like to give it a bit(a lot) every now and again otherwise im sure id be in the high tens.

• Member For: 14y 2m 13d

Hey got a ba xr6t 2003 I have just lateley started useing a app on my iphone about how much fuel im useing

I was doing 15.00L/100k and when ildeing I was 2.6L every hour ... I have just done my exusat injecters and a dyno tune (406hp back wheel now)

now im getting 10L /100k and 1.6L to every hour so ya im getting 600km out of a tank and I do give it to it ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 1m 19d

Still on my first tank, averaging 15.5L/100km. Am running it in how it will always be driven :)

2010 manual sedan.

Update:

tank 2 (100 octane, 10% ethanol) got 15.0L/100km

tank 3 (98 octane) still going but averaging under 14.5L/100km

I'm taking this as evidence that the engine is bedding in and friction is decreasing, as my route to and from work is pretty consistent...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 9m 16d

I'm glad someone else thinks 18L/km is fair for metro driving.. I've been half thinking something is wrong with mine. Plus I do set the air to 19 degrees (or less) & on all the time, which I read the other day can increase fuel by a margin. So, not only do I have a heavey foot, I like to be cool as well!! Plus I also do alot of very short 5-10 min trips becuase work is close to where I live. Car hardly gets warm before I turn it off again..

I believe that with almost all engines, the ECU ignores the sensor readings during warm up, and so richens the mixture up until the engine temp reaches a certain value, from when the sensors take over the the richness reduces significantly.

I have only jsut purchased an FG Turbo, and have not noticed this as yet on my trip computer, but I have noticed this on my other vehicle. After a few kilomters, the consumption reduces significantly.

So if you are mainly doing short trips with the engine not yet warmed up, 18 seems very possible.

• Member For: 18y 1m 11d

I pick mine up Mon 10th Jan and if it doesnt do 12.5L/100km at least then I wont be that impressed because my modified 5.6 T3 engined ute gave me that consistantly and they both go around the same as far as the bumometer.

Looking forward to it though it will be nice to get back into a sedan now that I have grandkids to cart around.

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 9d

Light throttle on a run and you'll get low 8's - 9's. Mine has been tuned and was pleased that stock the best I got was 8.3 and recently did the same run (Gold Coast - Willowbank raceway) and got exactly the same, with another 40rwkw on tap - gotta love that! It must be said though, that's with the sole purpose of seeing how good I could get and a flat easy drive. Suck the paint off a couple of cars and you'll be back into the 10's. I only use BP ultimate. Around town you'll get approx mid 12's. Drive it hard and you'll be 15-ish. The way I look at it is my wife's turbo forester doesn't get better than 12-13 driving around town and not much better than 10 on a run. The Falc then for the most part is better on fuel, certainly on a trip, nuff said. :beerchug:

• Member For: 15y 7m 19d

Very happy with my current fuel economy. Average fuel consumption is hovering around 11.5L/100km. No doubt it will rise once I am more use to the power! :)

• 3 weeks later...