Fg Xr6 Turbo Engine Bay Pics

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 29d
isn't part of the idea of the new set up about creating more low end torque? Smaller turbo means faster spool up which means more low end torque. if they simply wanted to put 270KW in the T they would have just saved themselves alot of time and money and put in the Typhoon motor as it was. I'm very surprised that given this motor has only got a short life span that they went to this much effort.

Why has the motor only got a short life spam, do you mean the BA/BF motors or FG?

I.B.

• Member For: 16y 9m 2d
Some general observations about the new line. Headroom and visability is improved noticably, im 6'5" and my biggest gripe with the BA - BF is that my field of View is too high up in the windshield. With noticable room under the seats at their lowest position I feel this was a huge oversight. I have read many reviews of the BA - BF where this was a major complaint. Interestingly, whilst speaking to one of the sales / marketing guys, he reckons he had never heard this negative feedback!!! This problem would prevent me from buying an F6 or GT due to their extra padding / bolstering in the seats, I simply couldnt live with it, and if fitted with the sunroof, I have to tilt my head!...WTF, 6'5" isnt that tall.

So that's the first good news, if felt much more comfortable in all of the models.

The seats are carried over from the BA - BF, (re - skun) so they have had to have made some changes to the rails or floorpan to get the seats sitting lower, or they have changed the rake of the windshield.

Doors open very wide, especially rear door. Rear seat entry and exit is a breeze now (even for me)...Great improvement.

Wheels look crap on the xr6T, just not suited (XR5 style). I hope they are released with new styling.

xr6T level of styling is comparable to the previous F6, it looks quite aggressive from the front.

Interior seems very nice, nice finish on dash and ICC, instrument cluster looks good, along with nice backlit centre digital readout between speedo and tacho.

Centre console is very streamlined, doesnt get in the way, yet has very deep storage compartment.

G6T is very nice, I suspect many will go for this over the Xr6T, nice spec leather interior, carbon fibre dash spears and door accents a nice touch.

It seems ford have been paying attention to the aftermarket scene for the BA - BF, with many nice touches inside and out.

Reversing camera is located under the Boot grab handle out of sight, and there is a nice little button located there for opening the boot.

new Door handles are nice, I wasnt a fan on first view, but they function well.

Door openings are allot cleaner, less rubber seals, no plastic scuff plates etc, all painted and smooth lines.

Not a big fan of the new steering wheel , very slim much prefer my FPV wheel with its contours and bulkier feel.

All in all looks very refined, I hope it drives as good as it looks, with a more refined driveline / brakes. Will be a hit if it does.

Yes I agree, I am about 6'8 and the rake of the windscreen puts our head into the roof line, the most unused part of my car is the sun visor, if its down I cant even see the bonnet. I have asked about modifying the seat and its a no go unless you replace the whole thing with a custom seat. Yes they say they have never heard anyone complain about this which is BS. There was slightly more headroom for a big bloke , I thought we might loose some b/c of curtain airbags in the top of the door (you have to add them somewhere) would like to see the measurement but they may have widened the roof slightly. Buy the way the new Late model camira is crap for a big bloke, I went and sat in a new SS before I bought the turbo, how they can make the car bigger in every dimension and less room in the drivers seat is an amazing feat of engineering

As for the engine still reckon the intake manifold and piping is a cop out , good design is apparent in Kevins after market setup. He could have probably produced something better OEM for them without too much trouble saving ford all the work and testing.

The rest of the interior of the car was OK , but still lacks the feel of the European cars, just the plastics and feel of the buttons, ect. If ford want to win back sales they need to get it to appeal not just to us but also to women since they have a large say in purchasing decisions in a family and this is a family car for the most part. They think they can win sales of people who are going to buy an SUV but I would doubt it.

The trouble is is that is more of a evolution than revolution, alot of the car is still the same so it has the same feel to it. Although I still like it better than the VE, it feels better, I even think my BF feels better than a VE inside

Edited by Taminator

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 7m 16d

so does anybody know the turbo specs yet? I need to know quick coz if im gonna upgrade, ill be transferring all my go fast bits to the new car and if the turbo is much smaller, then ill be buying a BF2 not the new FG...

smaller turbo = big power just got more expensive...