Fg Xr6 Turbo Engine Bay Pics

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 28d

Hey Pat, the launch sounds like a great idea... count me in mate!

Full monty, did you see if plenum/intercooler piping will go past this "metal looking section" here?

post-8749-1204493220_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 2m 24d

Sorry Rapid, didnt see if the pipework had access through there below the headlight, the standard pipework appears to enter the engine bay from just below the inner edge of the headlight.

The section you pointed to I an all new crash structure, hopefully there are some areas below these bars that the pipes can be routed.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 22d

Great Pics mate, but you can see how similar the FPV's look to the XR's. From the back there almost identical and from the front without the raccoon eyes and a bit of paint in the front bar and you've got an XR. FPV you lazy bastards..

• Member For: 21y 4m 22d
Sorry didnt explain in full when I said Plazmaman plenum would be easy to fit up.

Should of said with use of BA-BF lower runners as the head seems to have same bolt pattern, may need to alter manifold runners to match the staggered ports though.

As I said earlier the FG has a different manifold bolt pattern, it had to be moved around because the standard plastic manifold is hard to do up, and moving the bolt holes around made them easier to get to to tighten with the DC nut runner.

• Member For: 20y 8d
the inlet plenum looks of a very similar design to DRIF6....

I wonder if that designer was contacted for some "technical input" on the new model??

you might wanna have another look, yes the TB was turned but its a whole new top section.

its a log style similar to rapids old plen but alot smaller in diameter.

Oh and has anybody noticed that the new airbox's seem to need a ratchet or sumthing to get to the air filter element??

the clips are deleted and replaced by what seems to be a nut!

• Member For: 17y 2m 24d

I'm going to the show again tonight, will endeavour to take some more pics of engine bay etc, I dont have my camera with me, just my shnazzy new iPhone, so pics wont be quite as good as the last ones.

Gav