Fg Xr6 Turbo Engine Bay Pics

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 10d

we should see them up here in may, hopefully we might be lucky and get them at the end of april. I might start a poll to see if people would be interested coming to a launch night at the dealership - I'm not sure if this breaches any rules for the forum though...

• Member For: 17y 2m 24d

Throttle body is in the middle of the new intake plenum on the top, The cold pipe from the cooler routes directly to it, and bends 90 degree downward into the throttle body.

I imagine you could easily buy a BA - BF lower plenum and any current aftermarket plenum will fit.

The pipework, both hot and cold side has a clamp join section just before it enters below the headlight on each side, so easy underbonnet removal and replacement with aftermarket, note they have now located the boost sensor right at the throttlebody (after the cooler, rather than before as previously done).

also there is an access hole, filled with a large hex bolt in the front end of the plenum chamber, not sure what this is for?

Edited by Dagabond

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 8d
My guess is that these cars are going to be restricted in stock trim as I think that are going to have a smaller turbo and piping with smaller plenum and shorter intake runners it will not produce the same low end torque as the BA-BFs. This could be good news to BA and BF users!!

Ah, I think you'll find the complete opposite - they'll make better low down torque than the BA-BF. They might struggle to make big power with the smaller turine wheel though.

• Member For: 17y 8m 3d

Sorry didnt explain in full when I said Plazmaman plenum would be easy to fit up.

Should of said with use of BA-BF lower runners as the head seems to have same bolt pattern, may need to alter manifold runners to match the staggered ports though.