Tripod Gauges Fitted

Guest newl

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 5d

Ok sweet as I was always under the impresion that it's bad for the tubo to spike thaw why I thought it was a major issue as I basically know bugger all about turbos.

What the psi narmally on az mine in 1st gear it's 2.5 and from 2 gear onwards is 5 I thought thy having an x chaser that it would of had a slight more than stock or do they return them to stock when sold?

I have figured out the wiring after having a dummy spit and a few beers lol

It does wear things out faster but it might be more the gearbox I think? Don't quote me on that though I'm no expert.

That graph up there shows the PSI when stock, and matches your description pretty well. Doesn't get above 3 until the first shift (into second), then hovers around 5ish.

It wasn't a complete WOT from standstill though, it was a slight rolling start, somewhere around 2 seconds I think.

Cop cars aren't tuned at all these days, don't believe the myth. Just used for normal work from day one, no babying. Helps with power a little. Mine is ex police.

I'm having trouble sourcing the oil filter adaptor/sandwich plate for less than $70 from a retail shop, might have to hit up ebay and hope I get the right size. My oil pressure and temp are still sitting idle!!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 5d

Yeah Auto One reckon $70 and two weeks for that exact part. WA WA land...I have one that suits an external oil cooler setup, bought from Zaff here on the forum, but I don't have an external filter to attach so the oil would just run out, lol.

Simon suggested the usual T piece off the engine but I'd prefer an easy remove sandwich plate style fit up.

Will be in touch Aaron!

• 3 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 29d

Hi guys I have a tripod with xforce gauges and my oil temp is no longer working.

could yous give me some hints on where to start looking. it all stopped after I did an oil change about 8 months ago and would prefer not to pay to have it checked.

1. what does this sandwitch plate look like and where do I find it?

I am getting power and light to the gauge just no temp reading.

I asked somewhere else on here with no response.

please help

Edited by mwoonkey

• Donating Members

Mine stopped working too. I had to run an earth wire from sandwich plate itself ( mine had a screw for the lug which was handy) to chassis, and it worked again

awesome, I now know what a sandwich plate looks like after looking on some website :dontknow:

I found a loose wire (dont know what its for) warming up the car now hopefully it worked.

• Donating Members

how did you go? bear in mind it takes ages to warm up the oil idling. best to go for a 15min drive.

nah no good aye, Ill check continuity of that wire to the chasis in the morning after checking up on here.

any other ideas any ways, sorry bout the late reply went for a drive up to shornecliffe.

worst comes to worst ill start buying new ones and try installing them.

anything else I could look at???

how did you go? bear in mind it takes ages to warm up the oil idling. best to go for a 15min drive.

yeh it used to work and took bout 12 minutes before it got a reading.

thanks so far JC807

• Donating Members

OK heres what ive done so far this morning.

jacked up the car and took oil filter off so I could get a better view.

found sandwich plate with oil press sensor and oil temp sensor all covered in dead oil.

so

1. undid bolt for oil temp sensor and cleaned.

2. tested continuity of wire from sensor to the gauge. reading of 1.5 ohms (im happy with that)

3. replaced dirty washers with shiney new ones I had lying around and rebolted back up to sensor.

4. loosened oil press sensor and cleaned all around (including earth lug between sensor and sandwich plate)

5. tightened sensor back up.

6. tested earth continuity from oil press sensor to chasis (all ok) oil press gauge works fine btw

7. put oil filter back on

8. started up car with turbo timer for 9.59 minutes.

going for a little drive now and will repost soon.